Guardians at White Sox 110 pm GRF

caulfield12

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If he walked Gimenez into scoring position and then Mr. 460 Batting Average at GRF Naylor followed up with a two run scoring double....?

I'm not sure a three run lead lets a manager take that kind of risk.

Not an obvious one with a runner already on first though and Naylor up next.

Nobody said intentionally walk him, but instead of throwing a ton of hittable pitches, you could throw some pitches on the edges and try to get him to chase. Either way they are never careful with him and he beats their brains in every series

Edited by soxfan49

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Keep trotting Andrus out there! Woo hoo! Don't stop now, boys!

when your GM throws in the towel, even Pedro should figure out it's time to launch Elvis. God 

he's dumb.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Nobody said intentionally walk him, but instead of throwing a ton of hittable pitches, you could throw some pitches on the edges and try to get him to chase. Either way they are never careful with him and he beats their brains in every series

Easier said than done by a young kid making his major league debut...we can't even get vets to do something seemingly simple.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Two guys I've never heard of pitching today during the championship window.  Bang up job, Rick!

The Championship window has been closed for quite awhile now, it started closing after the All Star break in 2021.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1

I'm really wondering if there is any self scouting within this organization.  Why hasn't Victor Reyes gotten a look, why did Remillard not get a look for last couple of years.  Why was Piscotty never given a look.  None of these guys are the answer but this whole organization is founded on lighting in a bottle. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

I'm really wondering if there is any self scouting within this organization.  Why hasn't Victor Reyes gotten a look, why did Remillard not get a look for last couple of years.  Why was Piscotty never given a look.  None of these guys are the answer but this whole organization is founded on lighting in a bottle. 

Reyes and Piscotty have both had extended looks with other teams at the MLB level and were nothing special. Remillard yes, they should have given him a chance sooner.

19 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Woke up a few minutes ago. Missed nothing good I see.

28,096 paid, hoping this drops into the teens next season without a new FO and complete roster revamp.

Heard it was the biggest home attendance day in MLB history or maybe just Saturdays yesterday...

• Thanks 1