Burger To Marlins

DirtySox

Jake Burger is an awesome human being. Jake Burger is a mid baseball player with lots of flaws in his game. 

Both of these can be and are true. The crying over Jake Burger being traded and not Eloy is fucking baseball stupid.

I hate this organization for where we are BUT they did very well in this trade and sold high. 

That being said I will always root for Jake Burger. However I'm not baseball stupid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 3

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Jake Burger is an awesome human being. Jake Burger is a mid baseball player with lots of flaws in his game. 

Both of these can be and are true. The crying over Jake Burger being traded and not Eloy is fucking baseball stupid.

I hate this organization for where we are BUT they did very well in this trade and sold high. 

That being said I will always root for Jake Burger. However I'm not baseball stupid.

Baseball is an entertainment business.

The White Sox are the exact opposite of entertaining...unless it's in a comedic, fun bad way.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Burger is a nice story and all, but we just got a LH starter prospect that throws 96+ with a ++ slider. How could anyone possibly complain about this?

You could easily complain about it if Burger hits 40 HR for the next 3 years and Eder at age 28 still isn't a solid MLB pitcher.People always talked about Eloy hitting 40 but he hits too many GB. At least Jake knows how to hit flyballs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

And Eloy is flawless. :blink:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I am with you totally. As a long time die-hard passionate fan, Jerry is now pushing me to a point I never dreamed could happen with my favorite Chicago team...which is to force me to stop watching them and just wait for the POS owner to move off this earth and wait for the new owner.

I'm tired of being a machoistic fan and watching the worse owner in sports, along with the worst GM continue to ruin this great franchise with ZERO accountability for ineptness and losing results.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. This franchise has hit rock bottom. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Ironically the only person involved in this conversation that is actually baseball stupid is Eloy himself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1

26 minutes ago, T R U said:

Eloy is a better hitter than Jake Burger, why are we even discussing this?

They traded the right guy. 

Burger is cheaper, has more control and room for growth.  In a rebuild type of situation, he's the one to keep.  And if they're really "going for it" next season, they probably shouldn't have traded either one of them.
And then rebuilding, but not trading Cease at what is probably peak value.
It's all kind of strange.

• Like 3

Stunned at the number of people who don’t recognize burgers limitations. His power is great. He also has a .279 obp and can’t play defense. Relatively low probability of his body holding up for several years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, GreenSox said:

Burger is cheaper, has more control and room for growth.  In a rebuild type of situation, he's the one to keep.  And if they're really "going for it" next season, they probably shouldn't have traded either one of them.

There is nowhere for burger to play, he gawn so doesn’t matter now. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Ironically the only person involved in this conversation that is actually baseball stupid is Eloy himself.

Damn.......now we calling our players stupid.  How is he stupid? Because he has gotten hurt?

• TLR 1

3 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Damn.......now we calling our players stupid.  How is he stupid? Because he has gotten hurt?

Sox have a lot of dummies on their team for sure. Have you seen them play baseball? Eloy in particular makes boneheaded plays resulting in injury, reportedly doesn't think it's necessary to stretch properly before games etc etc.

6 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Give me a break .Eloy has just as many flaws in his game as Burger. The best ability is availability. Eloy has rarely shown that ability. Can Eloy manage to play a position or run the bases without getting hurt ? I'm not upset with the trade . Eloy is younger than Burger and ATM is a more versatile hitter. He's also more expensive . He can play 2 OF positions so badly and at such high risk of injury that he's more of DH than Burger is.

Next year could be Eloy's last year with the Sox.  One more lengthy absence from him in 2024 and how likely is it the Sox pick up his $16. 5M 2025 option ? Jakes 1st year of Arbitration is 2026. This is not as cut and dried as you make it seem and if you didn't consider all these things you might just be baseball stupid.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, GreenSox said:

Look I never wanted Vaughn I thought it was a mistake to draft him. However, I don't really get the room for growth argument for Burger. He's 27. I think Vaughn baseline hitting skills and approach at the plate give him a much better chance at longterm success at the MLB level.

Unless the argument his contact and walk numbers are so bad that he doesn't have to improve much to be better. However, I very much doubt he continues his .313 iso slugging numbers either.

I mean you look at Pete Alonso and he's averaged 45 homeruns per 162 games over his career. He has a career .276 iso percentage and he couples that with a much more selective professional approach at the plate. The way Burger is currently playing right now longterm just isn't sustainable.

• Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Eloy is more expensive, always getting injured, is a lousy outfielder and is a DH who whines that he doesn't like to DH.  You can have him.  I'll take Jake Burger who can play 3b, 2b, 1b at least as well as Eloy plays OF, and can DH without whining about it.  

I'll give you third and first, but until I see Eloy play CF, I'm not agreeing on Burger at 2nd.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Because he tried to throw out players instead of hitting the cut off man leading to dozens of extra bases taken against us

• bmags unpinned this topic