Ramirez says, "Anderson disrespects the game..."

Lip Man 1

1 minute ago, Quin said:

FWIW: Obviously biased against Ramirez since he's on the other team in this fight, but also, a complete lack of remorse in starting a fucking fight.

You know who didn't throw hands? Abreu when Karinchak nailed him in the head. He comforted him.

For those that don't remember, that's when TLR thought Cleveland wanted to hit him with the bases loaded and old-man sprinted out of the dugout.

Honestly, the boxing gloves photo should probably be taken into account when they dole out the suspension and J-Ram should get one equal in length.

He should get one a little longer since he did seem to escalate things. 

I am going to reserve comment on all the other stuff, but just wanted to say there was nothing wrong with Tim's tag on Ramirez. Ramirez came in like a bat out of hell and there was inevitably going to be some hard contact. Also, I've watched a million games and don't remember Tim ever being particular aggressive in this aspect of the game. However, I missed the play where he may have pushed someone's hand or leg off the bag.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KipWellsFan said:

I am going to reserve comment on all the other stuff, but just wanted to say there was nothing wrong with Tim's tag on Ramirez. Ramirez came in like a bat out of hell and there was inevitably going to be some hard contact. Also, I've watched a million games and don't remember Tim ever being particular aggressive in this aspect of the game. However, I missed the play where he may have pushed someone's hand or leg off the bag.

He's been known to slide through the bag. Which is probably why Ramirez took offense. I think Jom Boy had the video from just last week where tim slid into a guy's knee when he was out by 10 feet.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm honestly surprised you have people defending TA or the Sox here given what was just said about the entire rotten culture here. Like f*** THIS TEAM. I don't care if Josh Donaldson takes a shot, let it rip!

Nah thats too far f*** that guy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Also, Jose "Respect the Game" Ramirez before yesterday's game.

F23ePeyWgAAj8-s-728x1266.jpg

Edit: Context - posted by his agent before the game. Not taken.

His swollen steroid face rocking boxing gloves in a photo taken while the org went by a racist nickname that should have never been used but should have also been eradicated a century ago…  Yeah, f*** Ramirez, Naylor, Tito, and the whole lot.  Cleveland has zero room to speak on disrespect. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

38 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Honestly it probably would be a big help to Tim as well to get a fresh start someplace else.

Probably. 

Of course relocating is stressful for anyone. He just needs this season to end. 

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

It is revealing watching fans respond negatively as a player falls from the pedestal they themselves put him on.  Your biases and your projections are really showing in these posts. 

You said it yourself. He put HIMSELF on the pedestal. You want to be a great ballplayer, put your head down and hustle and don't bother anybody....fine. People will be fans and respect a good ballplayer. If you want to invite the limelight and try to make yourself a household name, you create greater responsibility for your image. Tim didn't seem to understand that, and probably should have taken the former approach since he really can't seem to handle aaaaany adversity. And because all of his issues are unnecessarily created by his own choices I have no sympathy. If it didn't effect his play fine, live and let live. But it does and I'm a paying customer.....or at least I was. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

You said it yourself. He put HIMSELF on the pedestal. You want to be a great ballplayer, put your head down and hustle and don't bother anybody....fine. People will be fans and respect a good ballplayer. If you want to invite the limelight and try to make yourself a household name, you create greater responsibility for your image. Tim didn't seem to understand that, and probably should have taken the former approach since he really can't seem to handle aaaaany adversity. And because all of his issues are unnecessarily created by his own choices I have no sympathy. If it didn't effect his play fine, live and let live. But it does and I'm a paying customer.....or at least I was. 

May he never sully the name of the great Jackie Robinson again.

• Love 1

Loving players is not unconditional. All the posters who criticize others for falling out of love with TA are more than likely, hypocrites. They have fallen out of love or changed opinions of people after certain actions many times. The White Sox we love unconditionally. We are just very mad at them now.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Quin said:

Also, Jose "Respect the Game" Ramirez before yesterday's game.

F23ePeyWgAAj8-s-728x1266.jpg

Edit: Context - posted by his agent before the game. Not taken.

He and others in that organization’s true colors emerged over the past year plus. Players and the manager I previously held respect for, despite being Sox rivals, have been exposed.

Sox teams must keep this in mind when they face Cleveland in the future.  

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

6 games for Timmy but only 3 for fat face is a joke 

If that’s it, I believe it’s fair. It acknowledges Ramirez started everything by mouthing off, approaching Anderson, then pointing a finger near his face. However, if it had ended there; would anything have happened? Maybe an ejection for Ramirez. Maybe. I would doubt anything more. But cmon, Anderson escalated it to being physical. If anything, he deserves even more time for wobbling down like Glass Joe after the punch to his face

Edited by Flash Tizzle
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

6 games for Timmy but only 3 for fat face is a joke 

It probably has to do with TA;s history of suspensions, and of the umpire report that probably confirmed he was the one who suggested duking it out. That said,  I do agree, 6 to 3 seems a bit unfair.

Now the interesting part. Is TA in the line up, or is he just going to sit and not appeal? If he's sitting, he's got a concussion. 

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

If that’s it, I believe it’s fair. It acknowledges Ramirez started everything by mouthing off, approaching Anderson, then pointing a finger near his face. However, if it had ended there; would anything have happened? Maybe an ejection for Ramirez. Maybe. I would doubt anything more. But cmon, Anderson escalated it to being physical. If anything, he deserves even more time for wobbling down like Glass Joe after the punch to his face

This take is utter trash. Ramirez started it and landed a punch.  That alone is worthy of a larger punishment.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

This take is utter trash. Ramirez started it and landed a punch.  That alone is worthy of a larger punishment.  

• Started it
  • Landed a punch
  • Talked s%*# after the game
  • His agent posted a photo of him with boxing gloves on Progressive Field after the figh

Like, that's basically the holy grail of "how to get your ass a hefty suspension."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1