Keynan Middleton rips White Sox 'no rules' culture

maxjusttyped

5 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

This reflects even more poorly on Gossip Girl Middleton. He's not man enough to say or do anything about it while here, but instead went and gossiped like a little b**** to the New York media the day before the Sox vs. Yankees series.

In a way he is worse than Keuchel and his mommy running to the media to throw teammates, coaches and managers under the bus, or Lynn literally pointing fingers and pouting at players and coaches when his overpaid worthless ass s%*# the bed the one game that mattered, and sucked his entire extension.

I’m gonna go the other way here and defend Middleton. First of all, he’s a reliever, he doesn’t run the team. He can only do so much. Secondly, if you believe him, he did speak up when given the chance, in the players meeting in the losing streak.

Third and the big one - I don’t see him having any benefit in saying this, rather the reverse, he felt it needed said so he did it. 

He’s a journeyman reliever, he’s now been on 5 teams, including a forever wishing they could compete LAA and a rebuilding Arizona. He’s burned his bridges with the White Sox, there will probably be other teams who would rather protect their clubhouse than have a bad culture be exposed, and frankly I wouldn’t be surprised if the White Sox’s front office is motivated to tell other Gms to stay away from him. He cost himself money here because seemingly he felt something needed to be said. 

The protect the locker room attitude is a reason why these guys are able to get away with treating the business like this. It takes some stones to break that to call out bad behavior.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

When you rise up in the white Sox, you learn the key to success is just don’t let out the secret and you can be safe, fat, and rich enough.

The secret of course is just not to acknowledge how lazy and bad your co workers are, and of course, how lazy and bad you can be.

Its why Marco Paddy can bring in half classes for 5 out of 10 years. It’s why our core always consists of listless players. It’s why all of Hahns deputies get promoted out of their positions instead of fired.

Please no more businessman owners

• Like 1

Its funny because TLR was here everyone criticized him for being out of touch let the players play they said.

Well you see what happens when you let the inmates run the aslyum. With that being said I cant and wont defend some of his managing moves but this team desperately needs a credible firm hand that is going to hold people accountable

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Cohen seems to be holding himself accountable and legitimately building a long term foundation through his farm system.

And has apologized to fans more than once...at least he's quickly come to that realization playing in a division stacked with Atl and Philly.

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Remember last year the SELL THE TEAM signs at the park? And the billboards in the spring?

As long as they make a lot of money nothing is going to embarrass them. If something really would, given all the dysfunction and incompetence it would have had an impact by now.

It's simple, nothing changes and nothing will change until current ownership is gone. 

I do remember them, and I would always remember a crowd of 30000 yelling SELL THE TEAM. It will be burned in my mind forever and it would be amazing. A banner held by 2 kids and a small billboard wouldnt compare.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Cohen seems to be holding himself accountable and legitimately building a long term foundation through his farm system.

And has apologized to fans more than once...at least he's quickly come to that realization playing in a division stacked with Atl and Philly.

Let me rephrase that.

"Run it like a business" type owners. But also, Cohen's spending did f***-all except crush Mets fans' dreams even harder.

And for all of JR's faults, there isn't a Showtime series about financial crimes he committed.

• Like 1

Someone should confront Hahn with all of this. I wonder what kind of lawyer talk he’ll pull out of his ass on this one? You have 3 former players now coming out and talking about issues in the clubhouse. You have managers telling you not to hustle down the line. You have videos surfacing of players standing around during warmups. You have players trying to fist fight other players, while playing the victim. You have players spending 3-4 stints on the IL every year who make a butt load of $$. It’s obvious that there are a lot of players on this team who don’t GAF. They are more than thrilled to collect a paycheck and go. 
No wonder why Abreu couldn’t wait to leave. He was tired of being everyone’s Daddy. Or no wonder why AJ Pollock declined his player option to take less $$ elsewhere. As much as we threw shade at Dallas Keuchel, and as more and more time goes by- it’s evident he was right the whole time. 
Kenny and Hahn need to go. And if Jerry doesn’t have the balls to pull the trigger, then he needs to sell. The way he is handling this franchise now is completely reckless.

Edited by GreatScott82
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Its funny because TLR was here everyone criticized him for being out of touch let the players play they said.

Well you see what happens when you let the inmates run the aslyum. With that being said I cant and wont defend some of his managing moves but this team desperately needs a credible firm hand that is going to hold people accountable

You say that like LaRussa was an outside consultant brought in to talk about this team on the radio, and not the teams manager for two years.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GreatScott82 said:

Someone should confront Hahn with all of this. I wonder what kind of lawyer talk he’ll pull out of his ass on this one? You have 3 former players now coming out and talking about issues in the clubhouse. You have managers telling you not to hustle down the line. You have videos surfacing of players standing around during warmups. You have players trying to fist fight other players and play the victim. You have players spending 3-4 stints on the IL every year who make a butt load of $$. It’s obvious that there are a lot of players on this team who don’t GAF. They are more than thrilled to collect they paycheck and go. 
No wonder why Abreu couldn’t wait to leave. He was tired of being everyone’s Daddy. Or no wonder why AJ Pollock declined his player option to take less $$ elsewhere. As much as we threw shade at Dallas Keuchel, and as more and more time goes by- it’s evident he was right the whole time. 
Kenny and Hahn need to go. And if Jerry doesn’t have the balls to pull the trigger, then he needs to sell. The way he is handling this franchise now is completely reckless.

He will not comment.  We both know this

Just now, Balta1701 said:

You say that like LaRussa was an outside consultant brought in to talk about this team on the radio, and not the teams manager for two years.

Yea hard not to loop in the guy where we noticed all of the lackadaisical activity starting

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Quin said:

Most businesses aren’t so heavily protected from market forces that you can get away with this level of disinterest. In the real world, you surround yourself with yes men who take advantage of you, here’s the end result:

25 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Tony: 513c1104cb0bf3e05e179e884cc695cb.png

Sox pre-game ritual under Ricky:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Most businesses aren’t so heavily protected from market forces that you can get away with this level of disinterest. In the real world, you surround yourself with yes men who take advantage of you, here’s the end result:

Clearly losing the biggest percentage of 2022 MLB attendance and more than likely season ticket holders as well hasn't gotten through to them quite yet...except for higher pressure sales tactics and tricking fans into renewals with small print that's a pain for fans to undo and get refunded once auto-renewed.

27 minutes ago, Quin said:

Let me rephrase that.

"Run it like a business" type owners. But also, Cohen's spending did f***-all except crush Mets fans' dreams even harder.

And for all of JR's faults, there isn't a Showtime series about financial crimes he committed.

JRs problem is he is a rent seeker thru and thru. It's why he is obssessed with costs and is so short sighted on investments. He's just a landlord, fixing what he has to, collecting his money, and spending 95% of the rest of the time just fighting taxes and labor costs.

• Like 4