Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

2003 Tigers vs 2024 White Sox (after 21 games)

Tigers 2-19, Sox 3-18

Tigers Run Diff: -67, Sox Run Diff: -71

Tigers RS/RA: 41/108, Sox RS/RA: 45-116

Tigers SHO: 6 times, Sox SHO: 7 times

Edited by joejoesox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

I wonder how much better this team would be right now without Pedro.

We could be like 6-15 with this lineup. We could be legitimately challenging other clubs for 29th best record.

13 hours ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

You shouldn't. He's getting paid to make Reinsdorf and Getz look bad. 

He actually hinted he thought the team was capable of a 17-3 stretch. He's a nicer version of Terry Bevington. 

• Haha 1

Pedro Grifol's managerial skills are beginning to make Terry Bevington look like Bruce Bochy and Robin Ventura look like Bobby Cox. It's a sad day when I would rather have one of Bevington or Ventura back on the bench over the guy currently there. 😒

1 hour ago, MikeKreevich said:

Ease up on Pedro.  No manager could win with this line-up.  

Whats his excuse for last season?

We are 3-18 and on pace for not only a historically bad record, but a historically bad offense. If this team was going to be 62-100 again, sure you can ride him all year and then cut bait at the end of the season.

For now, if this team is 6-30 and scoring 2 runs per game you have to do something to try and shake things up. Winning 35-40 games and being absolutely terrible in all facets of the game is just a horrible idea to ride all year long. Eventually, they are going to need to do something to try and give some new life to this corpse of a team.

The fact that they are signing guys like Celvinger and Pham tells me that they are not OK with whats going on right now. I don't see how its even comprehensible that Pedro is manager of this team all season long. You just can't allow it.

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

No, but he isn't helping. It's time to launch him. Why wait?

Because Jerry is paying him for two more seasons.  It’s not the correct answer but it is the answer in this organization.

• Like 2

At this point, just give managerial duties to a random fan every game. It'll improve attendance, and will lead to just as few wins.

Announce it Price is Right style too, so the winner has to run screaming all the way from their seats down to the field.

"Bill Kowalski of Orland Park...COME ON DOWN! You're the next manager of the Chicago White Sox!"

Pedro should be fired since he has 0 managerial credibility and is on pace for being one of the worst managers of all time, but Jerry is just going to replace him with another shmuck who will also be terrible. Jerry will put these guys there to take the heat off himself. It wont get any better with Pedro's replacement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shoeless_joe21 said:

At this point, just give managerial duties to a random fan every game. It'll improve attendance, and will lead to just as few wins.

Announce it Price is Right style too, so the winner has to run screaming all the way from their seats down to the field.

"Bill Kowalski of Orland Park...COME ON DOWN! You're the next manager of the Chicago White Sox!"

Can that be the prize for Soxmath? It might make Soxmath worth watching.

It's like combining that with this:

https://www.facebook.com/thebsblr/videos/a-white-sox-fan-got-tony-la-russa-to-put-in-a-pinch-runner-during-last-nights-ga/409246274527838/

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, flavum said:

When considering firing a manager, ask yourself if another team would ever consider him for their manager in the future? If the answer is no, then you know what you should do. 

I keep thinking of this:

• Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

2 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

At this point, you just kind of have to fire somebody, right? Manager, hitting coach, bat boy... 

In any other organization yes. I would have no doubt it'd be coming soon. 

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s such a piece of s%*# manager he won’t even get to 69 wins in 200 games

Gene Lamont was 11 - 20 in 1995 with a career .551 winning percentage when he was fired. There is no logic, consistency, competency, desire, or pride here. Just pure failure. 

10 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

In any other organization yes. I would have no doubt it'd be coming soon. 

Gene Lamont was 11 - 20 in 1995 with a career .551 winning percentage when he was fired. There is no logic, consistency, competency, desire, or pride here. Just pure failure. 

Unless I’m just misremembering, that would be the last White Sox manager to be legit fired in season. Almost 30 years ago.