Fire Pedro Grifol

Chicago White Sox

7 hours ago, Tomas said:

Pedro is a failure.  Getz is a failure.  Ownership is a failure.  Players are a failure.  This equals worst team in baseball.  

Beyond that.

The worst MLB team this Century (one of those Tiger teams I suppose was really awful).  

Perhaps the worst Sox team in history.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Per #source.  Grifol does not communicate with the players at all.  Grifol’s door is always shut.  Never open for players to go in and talk.  The coaches are on one side of the locker and players are on the other.

fire grifol

I've heard Pedro was not considered managerial timber by the KCR's. Look they had a chance to hire him, a young loyal soldier, and didn't. Why didn't the Sox see that as a red flag? Ozzie watch. Why not? This team is a walking cache of mummies. Even those who can't forgive Ozzie for quitting should admit it'd be fun to see him kick some bleep while being entertaining after loss after loss.

When I see Ozzie speak I am entertained and happy. Sports should make u happy and entertained. Hire him for four months baby.

11 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I've heard Pedro was not considered managerial timber by the KCR's. Look they had a chance to hire him, a young loyal soldier, and didn't. Why didn't the Sox see that as a red flag? Ozzie watch. Why not? This team is a walking cache of mummies. Even those who can't forgive Ozzie for quitting should admit it'd be fun to see him kick some bleep while being entertaining after loss after loss.

When I see Ozzie speak I am entertained and happy. Sports should make u happy and entertained. Hire him for four months baby.

The Royals passed over him twice.

And I'm not knocking your definition of sports, to each his own. For me, I'm happy and entertained when the teams I follow win. Everything else is secondary to me. 

• Like 2

I've spouted this before but bring in Ozzie for 4 months. Hire him under the condition that after the season will be a full managerial search, and that how he works in the interim will act as an audition/job interview of its own. He'll do it, and it'll be refreshing and interesting. 

Or they fire grifol and we slog through the rest of the season with montoyo which will be miserable as well. Things are as bleak as they've been. 

• Thanks 1
  • TLR 1

2 hours ago, DFAthewave69420 said:

Per #source.  Grifol does not communicate with the players at all.  Grifol’s door is always shut.  Never open for players to go in and talk.  The coaches are on one side of the locker and players are on the other.

fire grifol

And he's been bitching about the clubhouse since the day he took over.

Just wonderful.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Alright… that’s it… I’m starting a new fucking thread.

I am now embracing Pedro.  He is making JR and Getz look every bit as bad as they have been since Getz was ridiculously promoted to a better position after his own failures, as well as before that awful decision with Hahn and Kenny running the show for decades.

Getz has made one good acquisition — Fedde.  He basically lucked into Pham just as Hahn lucked into Cueto for the same reasons, no one else wanted them and they had holes at those positions so they were quite simply the next best obvious players to sign.

Almost all of Getz’s other transactions/decisions have been awful.  Mena for Fletcher looks especially terrible for a team like the Sox that needs young starters.  Trading Matthew Thompson for Bailey Horn, only to DFA Horn later?  DFA’ing Jose Rodriguez just because he’s a panicky GM and can’t manage a 40-man roster.  He kept countless pieces of garbage over Rodriguez.  A perfect example is that Getz chose to keep awful Dominic Leone for so long that he got stuck with him because he got injured.  Why was this bum not cut over other much young players/prospects?!?

Chris Getz is a terrible GM.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

I've spouted this before but bring in Ozzie for 4 months. Hire him under the condition that after the season will be a full managerial search, and that how he works in the interim will act as an audition/job interview of its own. He'll do it, and it'll be refreshing and interesting. 

Or they fire grifol and we slog through the rest of the season with montoyo which will be miserable as well. Things are as bleak as they've been. 

I watched the interview on yahoo. I feel sorry for Pedro now. I'm sure the guy is trying. It's just a mess from top to bottom starting with Jerry and then Getz. Pedro is third on the blame list. I know he makes top dollar but I still feel a bit sorry for him. He's trying to win MLB games with a MILB team. I mean MLB teams just don't lose 4 game series and play as badly in all phases in the game as the Sox. Poor Pedro.

Maybe that should be a new T shirt design. Reads Poor Pedro on the front and his picture. On the back names of all the players and the text "Historically bad season."

15 hours ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Ozzie isn’t about to lay down on the tracks in front of a moving train. And if you are Getz, you aren’t very anxious to put your own  guy on the tracks either. Maybe, you pick the guy that begs for change at the intersection on the way to work. And you tell everyone where you found this guy just to get him off the corner for awhile.

34 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Maybe he does maybe he doesn’t. But I always get a kick out of fans getting incandescent over the mangers of garbage teams. Kind of misplaced fury.

I get this sentiment,  but even out of the kids, who has gotten any better?  Who is making smarter plays?  Who is taking better routes?  Who is showing better techniques?  I can't think of anyone these past two seasons.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I get this sentiment,  but even out of the kids, who has gotten any better?  Who is making smarter plays?  Who is taking better routes?  Who is showing better techniques?  I can't think of anyone these past two seasons.

I don’t disagree. To a certain degree, this kind of polishing thing is expected. However, if I am expecting these particular guys to learn the game in the show under these conditions, this is a hopeless mission. Players gotta be capable, and also hopeful. I want to say by the time this team is winning again, the roster will be completely overturn, a new manager in place, and this is just a closed chapter. Right now, kind of have a hard time mustering up any passion one way or another to be honest.