Thief steals car from White Sox star’s girlfriend near Wrigley Field

South Side Hit Men

Used to live by that BP at Irving Park and Broadway, first gas station to stop at if you're getting off LSD toward Wrigley. I bet that's where it happened. Sketchiest place imaginable, every other night there would be a carjacking or a robbery or a hit and run. One of my neighbors was paralyzed in a hit and run there a few years ago, if I heard sirens you bet it was because someone robbed the minimart. 

Lakeview is honestly a shithole even beyond the Cubs and Ohio State yuppies. Don't even get me started on the everyday sexual harassment (I'm a man). I now live on the south side and there's some irony that I feel 1000 times safer than I ever did living on the north side or how I feel in the Loop after about 7:00pm. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nrockway said:

Used to live by that BP at Irving Park and Broadway, first gas station to stop at if you're getting off LSD toward Wrigley. I bet that's where it happened. Sketchiest place imaginable, every other night there would be a carjacking or a robbery or a hit and run. One of my neighbors was paralyzed in a hit and run there a few years ago, if I heard sirens you bet it was because someone robbed the minimart. 

Lakeview is honestly a shithole even beyond the Cubs and Ohio State yuppies. Don't even get me started on the everyday sexual harassment (I'm a man). I now live on the south side and there's some irony that I feel 1000 times safer than I ever did living on the north side or how I feel in the Loop after about 7:00pm. 

Southport Corridor area and the southern part of Lakeview definitely aren't shitholes. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live near Wrigley again. It was fun after college, but it definitely gets sketchy. 

36 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Southport Corridor area and the southern part of Lakeview definitely aren't shitholes. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live near Wrigley again. It was fun after college, but it definitely gets sketchy. 

It was even more sketch back in the day. Jim Murphy bought Ray's Bleachers and other properties in the area during the 1980s and made serious bank as the neighborhood gentrified.

I lived in Lakeview West / Saint Ben's (Damen & Waveland) for several years in my 20s/30s, the second of three homes (Belmont & Central and Old Norwood Park).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Texsox said:

@greg775 is really the only hot take I'm interested in. 

Holy cow, just read this. Can't give my take. Too passionate and I'll get in trouble here I would think. Peace out. Be safe. Enjoy life especially the rest of the summer/fall.

Similar thing just happened in Elmhurst yesterday. A guy driving a Mercedes van stopped at a 7-11 to get a cup of coffee, comes out and two thugs are waiting for him.  They ask for his keys.  End of story.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I know there are jokes, and I even chuckled at a couple of them. But it's pretty sad you can't pump gas at 3 in the afternoon in a heavily populated area, and be safe. It's time something is done.

Police can't pursue, no bail required, no prosecution, no consequences. It's intentional policy enacted and demanded by city, county and state officeholders.

• Like 4

On 8/17/2023 at 1:49 PM, nrockway said:

Lol I don't buy the everyday sexual harassment part. Huge exaggeration. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Police can't pursue, no bail required, no prosecution, no consequences. It's intentional policy enacted and demanded by city, county and state officeholders.

Sounds like New York State.....

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ron883 said:

Lol I don't buy the everyday sexual harassment part. Huge exaggeration. 

It is an exaggeration but not a huge one. Never been so much as catcalled in my life til I moved to boystown, all of a sudden people are coming up to me in bars and biting me or grabbing my ass or yelling at me on the street. It’s a weird place man. I’m not homophobic and have lived in San Francisco’s gay district too but men are still men and Chicago is the epicenter for every gay man in the Midwest, creep or not. 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

23 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I know there are jokes, and I even chuckled at a couple of them. But it's pretty sad you can't pump gas at 3 in the afternoon in a heavily populated area, and be safe. It's time something is done.

Instead of voting for change, the people of Chicago keep doubling down on more and more liberal mayors and aldermen. You get what you vote for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

And it’s amazing the amount of “stay out of Chicago business” people are out there that ignore the issues that are hurting the city. I never thought I’d see the day that people get attacked for having an opinion that crime is bad.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

And it’s amazing the amount of “stay out of Chicago business” people are out there that ignore the issues that are hurting the city. I never thought I’d see the day that people get attacked for having an opinion that crime is bad.

At least there is a slight rebellion against crime ridden cities and their policies.  Oakland, for example, is trying to recall its DA, who ran on a soft on crime agenda and was elected.

The crime rate is the worst it's ever been since I've lived here -- except for the many years I've lived here when the crime rate was higher.  It's also worse than any city I've ever been to -- except for the many cities where it's worse.

Edited by 35thstreetswarm
  • Thanks 1

Couldn't find a single local report in corporate or NFP (Sun-Times, WTTW, WBEZ) media. 

NY Post was the only article I could find. They didn't add to the CWB Chicago report beyond this picture and CWB's video of two Chicago Hockey Player cars pre 2022 NYE.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/17/white-sox-stars-girlfriend-has-car-stolen-on-way-to-cubs-game/

71855.jpeg

I recommend manual transition cars. Most here won't get too far without automatic transition, though they may strip your gears trying.