KW/Hahn - They Gone

DirtySox

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Can we all agree that Dayton Moore as President of Baseball Ops, Chris Getz as GM, and Buddy Bell as manager is the ultimate nightmare scenario?

Why are we as an organization in love with the Royals.  They have been the toliet of the division except for what 2 years.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m hoping the fact that Haber put together an encyclopedia on Grifol and they still hired him is proof clear he’s not capable of leading a Major League Baseball org.

That seemed like the all-time-iest "buy low sell high trade" in history because so much of Eaton's fWAR was based on outfield assists and OBP that particular season.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I also wonder what this means for Kenny Williams Jr.  Will years of nepotism finally run its course in this org?

Days are clearly numbered...even out of respect for the father, he has to be 100% expunged from the payroll eventually/meaning this offseason.

Otherwise he becomes a suspected in-house spy like a Cooper or Boston.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Days are clearly numbered...even out of respect for the father, he has to be 100% expunged from the payroll eventually/meaning this offseason.

Otherwise he becomes a suspected in-house spy like a Cooper or Boston.

Good call on this…Boston’s days as the clubhouse snitch will certainly come the off-season.

5 minutes ago, TheBooneLoganEra said:

Sooooooooo.......Soxfest?

Has to be back on...full steam ahead!

Chicago White Sox: Below

Not only is the team bad, but also the vibes are terrible. The AL Central as a whole is truly terrible. Of the five divisional teams, only the White Sox ranked higher than 15th in Opening Day payroll. They’re spending more than the other teams, yet they’re still so bad.

https://sports.yahoo.com/2023-mlb-disappointments-and-surprises-the-good-the-bad--and-the-mets-and-yankees-001700632.html

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

Not if Dayton Moore is on the table.

They would have to get permission from the Rangers to talk to him.

Definitely thought he was older than 56.

Only box he checks off is very singular decision maker.

Nov 2022

"The Texas Rangers hired Moore as a senior advisor to general manager Chris Young last week. The Dallas Morning News reported that while Young and other Rangers personnel will be in San Diego for the annual winter meetings — where a sizeable chunk of player transactions happen — Moore will actually be in Australia (watching his son play)."

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Quin said:

Not if Dayton Moore is on the table.

I believe Jerry already has a hire in mind, possibly has a verbal agreement, similar to the Tony situation.

Staying positive, hoping and seriously believing Jerry will avoid hiring Hawk, Tony, Kenny Williams Jr., Chris Getz, John Paxson and/or Jeremy Haber as the permanent new EVP or GM.

They didn't announce an interim GM, but have to assume it's Chris Getz, which is fine, unless Jerry plans to announce his selection relatively soon.

If it was my club, would have either done this in June in time for the draft and trade deadline (or 2015/2016), or would perform a legitimate executive search led by Theo or someone ($250K-$500K for a 6-8 week process).

I sincerely believe there will be a substantial front office improvement heading into the 2023-2024 offseason. It took a lot to get to this point for Jerry; he's going to want this to succeed in terms of his comfort level / way of operating.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

24 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I believe Jerry already has a hire in mind, possibly has a verbal agreement, similar to the Tony situation.

Staying positive, hoping and seriously believing Jerry will avoid hiring Hawk, Tony, Kenny Williams Jr., Chris Getz, John Paxson and/or Jeremy Haber as the permanent new EVP or GM.

They didn't announce an interim GM, but have to assume it's Chris Getz, which is fine, unless Jerry plans to announce his selection relatively soon.

If it was my club, would have either done this in June in time for the draft and trade deadline (or 2015/2016), or would perform a legitimate executive search led by Theo or someone ($250K-$500K for a 6-8 week process).

I sincerely believe there will be a substantial front office improvement heading into the 2023-2024 offseason. It took a lot to get to this point for Jerry; he's going to want this to succeed in terms of his comfort level / way of operating.

DVS story said Getz and Haber will be acting GM's until the end of the season. That Getz will be a candidate but did not mention Haber.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

I’m glad the team has cut ties with them but I hope Kenny Williams does stay involved with baseball. If MLB wants to make more of an effort trying to increase black engagement with the sport, Kenny Williams should lead that. 

Kenny is going to retire. Supposedly he had already told JR that. 

To be clear; Jerry's statement of (paraphrashaving here) having a single decision maker named by the end of the season, he is talking about an EVP/SVP of baseball operations. He's not talking about a GM. He's not consolidating Kenny/Hahn roles into one spot (as some have posted earlier). He's going to name the guy/gal for the "big chair". Then that person will find the GM...... and so on down the line. 

After reading 19 pages of posts, my brain is a little mushy, so please straighten me out if this is not people's understanding. 

• Like 2