After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP

bmags

Just now, baseballgalaly said:

I guess I just wanted to be optimistic until they crushed my dreams. 

The 13 hours or so was fun. 

I don't blame you for that, I really don't. I was happy yesterday as well. But we have been saying for the last 5 years the only thing that changes is when all 3 go, not just some of it. 

25 minutes ago, bmags said:

Dayton Moore is somehow worse than just hiring Getz.

Yes...the 14/15 royals were good. It took FOREVER to build up that team. Then he oversaw just an astonishingly bad rebuild where he recouped nothing of value from his talent and despite top draft budgets, big INTL budgets and room to develop the royals have one of the worst farms in baseball 6 years after the rebuild started. And a team that is worse than the sox.

That's amazing...aMAZing to hire someone where you can squint and say "Hahn is probably better"

Yep, great that they won a World Series but it took 8 years of sucking to get there and then just the stars aligning on an all time great bullpen coming together for that 2 year run to happen (and the 2014 was a pretty unremarkable team that just got insanely hot in the post-season).  

I believe that someone had to twist JR's arm to do this, something happened. If not, this would have been done months ago. You can't let these morons run your draft and your trade deadline and then fire them all a month later.

This season was washed a long time ago, I don't believe JR woke up yesterday and was like "gee, were pretty bad maybe its time to make a change?" We've been really bad since April.

1 minute ago, T R U said:

I believe that someone had to twist JR's arm to do this, something happened. If not, this would have been done months ago. You can't let these morons run your draft and your trade deadline and then fire them all a month later.

This season was washed a long time ago, I don't believe JR woke up yesterday and was like "gee, were pretty bad maybe its time to make a change?" We've been really bad since April.

well a lot has happened in the last 24 days that would be considered publicly embarrassing to JR or the shareholders

Just now, joejoesox said:

well a lot has happened in the last 24 days that would be considered publicly embarrassing to JR or the shareholders

Finished 81-81 last season and have been horrible all season in their "contention window". Nothing has happened in the past 24 days that is any worse than the past 24 months.

1 minute ago, T R U said:

Finished 81-81 last season and have been horrible all season in their "contention window". Nothing has happened in the past 24 days that is any worse than the past 24 months.

there have been quite a few Sox spectacles over the last 3-4 weeks that have grabbed front page headlines

yes you're right, JR has been an embarrassment but his poor decision making often gets lost in the minutiae, the average person doesn't see that. they do see headlines showing TA getting knocked out, or articles about a former Sox players kids getting kicked out of daycare, etc. 

49 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

This team is dead. This organization is dead. What TF has Chris Getz done to earn a promotion to GM?? Was “Project Birmingham” a success and we just don’t know it? Everything sucks with the White Sox and we’re all tired of it. 

Yesterday I was excited and today I am disgusted! Typical Reinsdorf. What did I expect. Yep, looks like I am done with this organization!!

What has Getz accomplished? What has Dayton Moore accomplished? And Tony La Russa should be nowhere near the organization.

This is pitiful. An out of touch drunk, someone who’s achieved nothing but went out of his way to hire two abusers, and a man who went out his way to defend a pedophile and turned his org into an alt right cesspool.

JR is somehow putting the team in a worse position. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

What has Getz accomplished? What has Dayton Moore accomplished? And Tony La Russa should be nowhere near the organization.

This is pitiful. An out of touch drunk, someone who’s achieved nothing but went out of his way to hire two abusers, and a man who went out his way to defend a pedophile and turned his org into an alt right cesspool.

JR is somehow putting the team in a worse position. 

I don’t like Moore at all but the guy did win a World Series and went to two and had a really fucking good team for a stretch.  By no means am I advocating for him but “what has he done!!?” Doesn’t really apply 

An extremely negative article breaks on Crain concerning the White two days ago, then yesterday - of all days - just happens to be the time they decide to fire Hahn and Williams? On a Tue? I’m willing to believe it was an attempt to distract from the relocation discussion. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tony said:

Seriously. I don't really understand why so many thought an 87 year old was going to have some sort of monumental shift in how he operates. Why would anyone think they would do they right thing? 

My bad! Glad I wasn't strung along for a longer time. Hopefully he enjoys his stadium with a crowd of 1,000 in the stands. And if they move I just don't care anymore!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I don’t like Moore at all but the guy did win a World Series and went to two and had a really fucking good team for a stretch.  By no means am I advocating for him but “what has he done!!?” Doesn’t really apply 

I didn’t know Moore Royal’s teams were the example of sustained success we want the Sox to be 

Yep, well this saves me the final six weeks of the season if true.

See you when there is a new owner or in the off chance these reports miraculously don't happen.

"I see a bright future for our White Sox, and its name is Tony La Russa."

- Jerry Reinsdorf August 23, 2023, Yet another day which will live in White Sox infamy.

• Fire 1

• Quin changed the title to After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP