A.J./Rosenthal unload on White Sox...

Lip Man 1

By removing Kenny and Rick for the organization, at the bare minimum, you allow yourself the opportunity to sit down with smart minds from around the league and get a free assessment of your organization and what needs to be done to your operations to create a winner. All it costs you is time and preparation. 

But by all accounts, even that is too much work for the White Sox. Grandpa LaRussa is now calling the shots, and Chris Getz seems like the perfect fit, because he's of course...already part of the family. 

f***.This.Organization. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 3

9 hours ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

So LaRussa knew Hahn and KW had to be overruled by JR to get rehired as manager.  Then he becomes a FO consultant.  JR conducts "internal interviews" (gee, I wonder with whom?) and it's decided that Hahn and KW need to be fired.  Then the rumors begin that the replacement is someone TLR  thinks highly of.

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

So AJ sees it exactly the way I do.

26 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I'm not going to call it a failure before they start. 

I will do it for you then. Complete and utter disaster. We’ve seen this dog and pony show in 2019 with the Kansas City Royals. Apparently the White Sox only can hire outside the organization with that crap ass organization whose ideas on not spending money fit Jerry’s philosophy to a T. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Vote4Pedro said:

I will do it for you then. Complete and utter disaster. We’ve seen this dog and pony show in 2019 with the Kansas City Royals. Apparently the White Sox only can hire outside the organization with that crap ass organization whose ideas on not spending money fit Jerry’s philosophy to a T. 

Enjoy your winter. :cheers

26 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

On the WST podcast with Chuck, AJ was on there questioning why Getz would be "the guy" when he hasn't done jack with player development in the system. Said he likes him & all of that, but he was definitely skeptical.

Yep totally fair. Not exactly bursting at the seams with talent.

49 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

On the WST podcast with Chuck, AJ was on there questioning why Getz would be "the guy" when he hasn't done jack with player development in the system. Said he likes him & all of that, but he was definitely skeptical.

He said the same thing on his Foul Territory podcast a few days ago. 

Would 100% rather have AJ with no or limited experience than Getz based on 2015 with the Royals...then helping to run the Sox minor league organization right into ground at #30.

Sure...we graduated a large number of those prospects or they simply busted.

Remember how they bragged so much about having Anderson Fulmer Rodon Collins Burdi Vaughn Crochet Madrigal etc. all up in the big leagues at the same time and how that was such a marker for how successful they were as an organization???? 

Maybe Fulmer was gone already...but it was something like that.  Then Jake Burger as well in 2022.

LoL.  2016 Draft.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-white-sox/white-sox-draft-success-demonstrates-how-good-of-a-general-manager-rick-hahn-is/

Edited by caulfield12

AJ hit the nail on the head.

we “hit” on the high end guys… and by “hit,” I mean they turned into mostly-at-least-average big leaguers.

when’s the last time we took a late round pick and turned him into something?