9/4- Sox at Royals, 1:10

flavum

30 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Only the White Sox could somehow manage to instill less hope in fans with the Grifol/Getz combo.

Not even sure Theo Epstein would be able to fix this mess because he wouldn't have FA's to eventually turn to.

Whatever is required...it's far beyond the capabilities of Chris Getz.

Think about it. If you're with another team, who, besides Robert, would you want from the White Sox? Maybe Anderson if you think a change of scene could help him. But, as of this moment, I would not want any other player on the Sox roster. What could the Sox possibly offer in a trade? Really, no one. Hey, Chris, are you sure you want this job? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Only the White Sox could somehow manage to instill less hope in fans with the Grifol/Getz combo.

Not even sure Theo Epstein would be able to fix this mess because he wouldn't have FA's to eventually turn to.

Whatever is required...it's far beyond the capabilities of Chris Getz.

I agree this is probably true but again remember who he works for. JR already made it clear at his presser that nothing will change regarding free agents. The Sox will pick up has been's, injury prone guys and retreads and "hope" they produce. 

Getz will do what he can for the time he is around but when JR leaves the scene, new ownership will flush out the baseball side of the operations. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s a spineless coward…absolutely embarrassing that he gets a second year as manager instead of a lifetime banishment for his s%*#-show of a performance.

Almost more egregious is his tone in post game press conferences. Apathetic with a hint of condescension towards anyone who questions his decisions. I feel like when he took the job he was unaware that part of it was to talk to the media. If the dude was just a tad likeable, or seemed to be at all genuine in taking any responsibility I'd at least pull for him. But he has absolutely no redeeming value as a "face" for this ballclub. The fact that he had the audacity to say he has no concern over his job status shows you how unaware he is. Even if his job is safe he should be acting like it's not if he truly takes a shred of accountability for this disaster.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I feel like a lot of folks don't understand there is a draft lottery now. You aren't guaranteed your spot anymore.

https://www.tankathon.com/mlb

Feel free to click sim lottery if you are bored. And if the Sox land in the top 6, due to market size, they can't pick in the top 10 in the next draft class.

I'm hoping for a top 2 pick, then they do smart moves in the off-season.

But it'll be like #6 with Perez as the big off-season move

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I agree this is probably true but again remember who he works for. JR already made it clear at his presser that nothing will change regarding free agents. The Sox will pick up has been's, injury prone guys and retreads and "hope" they produce. 

Getz will do what he can for the time he is around but when JR leaves the scene, new ownership will flush out the baseball side of the operations. 

That would depend on if the owners know what the are doing. 

5 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

We are still waiting Peter...

"We have no issue/problem with accountability around here..."

Who said that, KW or Hahn?  Both?

Sounds like Grifol didn't also receive that accountability message.  He's actually doubling down on being under Mafia-like protection in terms of his job security.

It started with his quip about directing line-up issues to the owner's box (bypassing Hahn and KW) earlier in the season.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

At this rate, no way they can fall to 6.

It's either 3 or 4.  Depending on how far the Rockies bottom out down the stretch.

I ran the lottery one time after this comment and they got knocked down to 8th.

Order was: STL, Detroit, Oakland, San Diego, KC, SF, Colorado, White Sox

Second time I ran it they got third. Next time they got the top pick.

They can easily fall out of the top 6.

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

I ran the lottery one time after this comment and they got knocked down to 8th.

Order was: STL, Detroit, Oakland, San Diego, KC, SF, Colorado, White Sox

Second time I ran it they got third. Next time they got the top pick.

They can easily fall out of the top 6.

I thought that was the second year after they had a top 6 pick...that they couldn't get high first round picks for two consecutive years?

If that's the case, then the A's Royals Sox and Rockies are really DOOMED.

Of course, somehow the Cardinals and Padres will end up benefiting the most...

Edited by caulfield12

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I thought that was the second year after they had a top 6 pick...that they couldn't get high first round picks for two consecutive years?

If that's the case, then the A's Royals Sox and Rockies are really DOOMED.

Of course, somehow the Cardinals and Padres will end up benefiting the most...

If you're a big market team and you get a top 6 pick, you can't pick within the top 10 consecutive years.

21 minutes ago, Quin said:

If you're a big market team and you get a top 6 pick, you can't pick within the top 10 consecutive years.

So that pick would then be outside the Top Ten in 2025 (and not 2024), as we can all pretty easily assume they're going to be bottom 6 in the majors again next season.

Which is crazy with where the Padres' payroll is going to be next year compared to the White Sox.   Might be close to 2.5X larger than the Sox budget.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

"We have no issue/problem with accountability around here..."

Who said that, KW or Hahn?  Both?

Sounds like Grifol didn't also receive that accountability message.  He's actually doubling down on being under Mafia-like protection in terms of his job security.

It started with his quip about directing line-up issues to the owner's box (bypassing Hahn and KW) earlier in the season.

“Accountability around here is not a problem.”- Kenny Williams 4/25/23

6 hours ago, Highland said:

Think about it. If you're with another team, who, besides Robert, would you want from the White Sox? Maybe Anderson if you think a change of scene could help him. But, as of this moment, I would not want any other player on the Sox roster. What could the Sox possibly offer in a trade? Really, no one. Hey, Chris, are you sure you want this job? 

Exactly. That's what I was thinking. Like you said "maybe" TA. Robert. That's it. Not one of those horrific pitchers, not one. And no on Eloy and Vaughn who are 'close' to be MLB players. Not Beni. He's blah. That's why I canceled my MLB. There's no way possible to win next year. They'd have to sign at least five free agents and would have to have them be good. 

• Like 1