Zavala DFA, Cronin up, Lambert to IL

Balta1701

36 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I’m going to bet they spend more money replacing Zavala this offseason and get less production.

$20M more on Salvy, although my guess is we get $5M/year if his salary covered for a pair of C tier prospects.  Should be fun paying top dollar for an over the hill catcher simply because we need a clubhouse enforcer.

Kind of surprised they just didn’t pull the plug on Yaz. But maybe they see an opportunity. I doubt he gets claimed. The Sox can outright him. I think since he’s been outrighted before he can refuse, but if he does, I think he forfeits his contract, and the $115k left this season probably is a significant number to Seby. I didn’t know he was 30.

All I can figure in cutting Zeby instead of Grandal is that a)Pedro wanted Grandal and/or didn't want Zeby back; and b) thought cutting a FA signee prior to contract expiration  might send a bad message to future FA targets (not that they haven't done that before).

Re Salvy, I'm hoping that was a Hahn thing and that Getz has more sense than that.

Edited by GreenSox

Just now, Tnetennba said:

Oh gawd, I didn’t even think about that.  But really, why leave KC where you’re beloved to come to this dysfunctional mess? Pedro that be that big of a draw…

KC has him playing 1B today...maybe he only wants to catch......again sorry.

39 minutes ago, wegner said:

In the pregame, Frank said they should go get Perez if available. Ozzie said he'd love to see him in Sox uniform but you need to think with head and not heart....they need that money to spend on pitching.

Man who wants to be in charge of farm system and man who wants to manage the team.

With all their FA and the guys they should release, the Sox could get their 40 man down to like 28 guys.  They should be very active in acquiring guys who are gonna be left off 40 man rosters.  They have already done some of that with Carela, Lee, and Patino. We may see a lot more of that soon.

• Like 1