Gabe Kapler

Flash

Forget no other team would hire him. Now you have a year of his work to evaluate. Other than the White Sox, who would ever hire Pedro Grifol to be their manager? The fact that Getz is bringing him back shows you he knows no more than the guys who were fired. More of the same. Enjoy your final years with empty parks, and a lot of losing JR.

On 10/1/2023 at 6:34 AM, Dick Allen said:

Forget no other team would hire him. Now you have a year of his work to evaluate. Other than the White Sox, who would ever hire Pedro Grifol to be their manager? The fact that Getz is bringing him back shows you he knows no more than the guys who were fired. More of the same. Enjoy your final years with empty parks, and a lot of losing JR.

To be fair... what could Grifol possibly screw up?

Like, what is the upside if they hire anyone else at this point?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JoeC said:

To be fair... what could Grifol possibly screw up?

Like, what is the upside if they hire anyone else at this point?

Do you want any of your prospects coming up next year to be handled by him?

• Like 3

On 9/30/2023 at 11:32 PM, Pale Sox said:

Bob Melvin 100%

should have been bochy two times now. 

Why would Bob Melvin come here to manage? The only managers that would come here are those who can’t get a job elsewhere. Same for free agents. No one is going to pass up other teams to be a part of this dysfunctional organization.  Every player who leaves here talks about how poorly run this team is. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

Why would Bob Melvin come here to manage? The only managers that would come here are those who can’t get a job elsewhere. Same for free agents. No one is going to pass up other teams to be a part of this dysfunctional organization.  Every player who leaves here talks about how poorly run this team is. 

A.J. Pollock wanted out so bad he left money on the table to do so to cite one example.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Do you want any of your prospects coming up next year to be handled by him?

What prospects?

Nobody worth a damn on a contending team is close to being ready to come up to a big league club next year. There are no big league ready prospects to screw up, unless you're looking to flip some mid-level prospects.

My vision for 2024 is to get a collection of veteran cast-offs on "show me" contracts. Focus resources on putting together an actual farm system with a development plan, and let the kids develop at an appropriate level... not just rushing guys to the big league level just because we have nobody else at that position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

What prospects?

Nobody worth a damn on a contending team is close to being ready to come up to a big league club next year. There are no big league ready prospects to screw up, unless you're looking to flip some mid-level prospects.

My vision for 2024 is to get a collection of veteran cast-offs on "show me" contracts. Focus resources on putting together an actual farm system with a development plan, and let the kids develop at an appropriate level... not just rushing guys to the big league level just because we have nobody else at that position.

Ah, you believe the prospects we have will be handled correctly.  Well, I hope you are right.  But what I am trying to say is yea it can be worse next June when they call up Montgomery against all advice and then we have Pedro handling our best prospect 

• Like 2