Tim Anderson Free Agency Discussion

DirtySox

13 hours ago, Eminor3rd said:

Right but who are you going to get on a one-year deal that has a chance to be better? Multiple years for Amed Rosario or Kiner-Falefa coming off 0.2 fWAR seasons? One year for a bit less for Brandon Crawford coming off a 63 wRC+? Didi Gregorious coming off of 58 wRC+? They're still gonna have to spend, it's just going to be a for a worse player, or a more expensive one, or both.

Right.  And now the Sox need to sign both a 2B and SS.  TA at 2B for a net cost of $13M and signing a glove first SS like Brandon Crawford is better than spending $10M on say Brandon Crawford and $8M on say Adam Frazier.  You're saving like $5M and getting way less upside.  TA was terrible in 2023, but he has a far better chance of putting together a 3 WAR season than any of the cheap 1 year stop gap middle infielders. 

I don't really get the decision unless TA is an absolute cancer in the clubhouse. 

4 minutes ago, MEANS said:

pffft this whole organization is disappointment and embarrassment, can handle it....Why would he WANT to come back here? 

TA is going to sign with whoever offers him the most money.  If that is the Sox, that'll be where he signs. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

https://www.chicitysports.com/tim-anderson-says-farewell-in-heartfelt-post

In addition to his story, Anderson also made a post on Instagram captioned “SouthSide 🖤”. The post consisted of a collage of pictures of Anderson throughout his career.

As someone who follows his twitter account, I can assure you that he had absolutely nothing to do with writing this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Iwritecode said:

I don't know that I ever posted this picture here but if you could describe the Sox 2023 season in a single AB, this would be it.

TA.jpg

I remember this one.... and I remember the body language on this.

Guessing this is the AB that ultimately got him released.

3 hours ago, ThirdGen said:

As someone who follows his twitter account, I can assure you that he had absolutely nothing to do with writing this.

Most star players have a social media person put together posts with graphics / videos. 

What's your point? You don't think he agrees with what was posted or didn't sign off on it?

There are a good number of fans who don't hate Tim Anderson that are interested.

• Like 1

I don't hate the guy. He delivered a lot of very good baseball for very little compensation. He may be the greatest bargain in White Sox history.

His life apparently is a mess. Something that people in all walks of life do. His problems sadly are front page news while the corporate mid manager problems are anonymous.

I'll be interested where he signs. The stench of Sox baseball may also hurt his marketing. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Most star players have a social media person put together posts with graphics / videos. 

What's your point? You don't think he agrees with what was posted or didn't sign off on it?

There are a good number of fans who don't hate Tim Anderson that are interested.

His tweets, which I assume he writes himself, are usually cryptic and appear to often have hidden meanings. If I hated him, I wouldn't be following him on twitter for years to know this. His tweets have been far and few between this year, however. I follow his tweets in an effort to understand him. He has never said anything remotely like this in his tweets, which often appear hostile/angry.

I have no idea if he signed off on this as based on the writing style it was clearly written by an agent who has financial interest in making a free agent look good. In other words, this statement is generic meaningless BS.

Sometimes people are able to write statements that convey a more poised messages when they're addressing the end of their time at a workplace after nine years, especially compared to tweets which are usually off the cuff brain droppings.

Why is this a hard to grasp concept for people?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Quin said:

Sometimes people are able to write statements that convey a more poised messages when they're addressing the end of their time at a workplace after nine years, especially compared to tweets which are usually off the cuff brain droppings.

Why is this a hard to grasp concept for people?

Because the posts asking the question are brain droppings.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Iwritecode said:

I don't know that I ever posted this picture here but if you could describe the Sox 2023 season in a single AB, this would be it.

TA.jpg

I gotta wonder what the coaches say to him after this at bat.

• Quin changed the title to Tim Anderson Free Agency Discussion
  • Quin locked this topic