A.J. rips Getz/Grifol...

Lip Man 1

I believe Chris Getz should have scheduled a press conference welcoming the new members of the coaching staff and his other significant FO hires, followed by his vision for the offseason, 2024 and for the next 3-5 years after having a few months to assess the situation in his new role. Then his answers to follow up questions would have context vs. people speculating what he plans to do to improve the team.

Ten years of Hahn created a Chernobyl type situation. Most reasonable people are willing to give Getz slack and time if he is honest and communicates a reasonable plan and timeframe. 

• Like 7

“What the F—K?”

AJ

Good point about no Thomas, Guillen, Rowand, Everett, Crede, Buehrle…heck, Juan Uribe from 2005 Championship team involved directly in any way with coaching/instruction.

Pretty sure Contreras and Konerko just ambassadors or maybe they do something in ST?

Seems Jose was supposed to work with Vera or Y.Cousin at one point in the last year or so.

53 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They do have a point especially with Pedro. What a phony. This guy might be worse than Terry Bevington. They got rid of LaRussa, and didn't upgrade. It boggles my mind how anyone would consider KW or RH for a personnel position ever again. 

It’s so true.  Pedro is somehow worse than 80 year old dude who can’t stay awake in the dugout.  Just mind boggling that he wasn’t canned after last year.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s so true.  Pedro is somehow worse than 80 year old dude who can’t stay awake in the dugout.  Just mind boggling that he wasn’t canned after last year.

On a team loaded with unlikables Grifol is about as likable as Root Canal with a case of swollen hemorrhoids thrown in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

50 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They do have a point especially with Pedro. What a phony. This guy might be worse than Terry Bevington. They got rid of LaRussa, and didn't upgrade. It boggles my mind how anyone would consider KW or RH for a personnel position ever again. 

Who would really want to work for the front office when your control may be more limited than other clubs.  See the TLR hire.

10 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

He does say that about the team he was the Farm System Director (or whatever the f*** the title was).

Getz will probably blame that on KW and Hahn.  At the same time there are scouts also responsible for the bad choices.  If your first round pick doesn't work out you hope one of the other 20 picks may turn into something. 

47 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

IMO Pedro will never be worse than Tony.  Pedro at least stood up a fair amount of time.

On 11/9/2023 at 7:43 AM, The Mighty Mite said:

Grifol is about as likable as Root Canal with a case of swollen hemorrhoids thrown in.

And a pinch of Gonorrhea.

Say what you want about Renteria, but at least his teams played hard [remember ''Ricky's boys don't quit?].  While many of his managerial moves literally made me scream, his marginally talented teams were more fun to watch than almost anything I saw in the 2023 White Sox.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Donaldo said:

And a pinch of Gonorrhea.

Say what you want about Renteria, but at least his teams played hard [remember ''Ricky's boys don't quit?].  While many of his managerial moves literally made me scream, his marginally talented teams were more fun to watch than almost anything I saw in the 2023 White Sox.

Something happened with the TLR hiring, I’m not sure what but things were never the same after the All Star break in 2021, after a really good first half they played .500 ball the rest of the way and then lost badly in the playoffs to Houston and played .500 again in 2022 and of course it really crashed and burned this year. 

Edited by The Mighty Mite

On 11/9/2023 at 3:10 AM, South Side Hit Men said:

I believe Chris Getz should have scheduled a press conference welcoming the new members of the coaching staff and his other significant FO hires, followed by his vision for the offseason, 2024 and for the next 3-5 years after having a few months to assess the situation in his new role. Then his answers to follow up questions would have context vs. people speculating what he plans to do to improve the team.

Ten years of Hahn created a Chernobyl type situation. Most reasonable people are willing to give Getz slack and time if he is honest and communicates a reasonable plan and timeframe. 

Perfect metaphor.

4 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Something happened with the TLR hiring, I’m not sure what but things were never the same after the All Star break in 2021, after a really good first half they played .500 ball the rest of the way and then lost badly in the playoffs to Houston and played .500 again in 2022 and of course it really crashed and burned this year. 

It was never a team.  It was a bunch of individuals that didn’t like each other.  Watch the Anderson All Star announcement, nobody cared.  They didn’t like him.  Roberts couldn’t be bothered to learn the coaches names.  Moncada was more interested in partying.  

Middleton told us on his way out.  It was a cultural disaster.  And they weren’t talented enough to overcome lack of teamwork.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

It was never a team.  It was a bunch of individuals that didn’t like each other.  Watch the Anderson All Star announcement, nobody cared.  They didn’t like him.  Roberts couldn’t be bothered to learn the coaches names.  Moncada was more interested in partying.  

Middleton told us on his way out.  It was a cultural disaster.  And they weren’t talented enough to overcome lack of teamwork.

All Good points and makes sense but I’m going to add that maybe these clowns weren’t wild about the firing of Renteria and being replaced by a guy who was past his prime and was just about brain dead in LaRussa. Not that it matters but I was incensed when JR hired TLR, JR has made tons of bad decisions in his 42 years as owner but the hiring LaRuusa is right up there as maybe the worst.

10 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Getz and Grifol have absolutely no credibility. JR is so out of touch with the fan base and lies constantly. Absolutely a rebuild while talking out their ass they are competing in 24.

Exactly unless JR is planning on spending a fortune on free agents which ain’t going to happen.

13 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

All Good points and makes sense but I’m going to add that maybe these clowns weren’t wild about the firing of Renteria and being replaced by a guy who was past his prime and was just about brain dead in LaRussa. Not that it matters but I was incensed when JR hired TLR, JR has made tons of bad decisions in his 42 years as owner but the hiring LaRuusa is right up there as maybe the worst.

This right here x100. Firing Renteria and bringing in a corpse who lives by baseball’s silly “unwritten rules” broke the spirit of this team. It was an energetic, fun, “change the game” kind of a team under Renteria and I truly believe they would have been much better off leaving him alone and bringing in some pitching reinforcements. It wasn’t Renteria’s fault that the major free agent signing at the time, Mr “Winning Culture” Dallas Keuchel s%*# the bed in the playoffs against Oakland. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

7 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Seems like the Yermin incident was when it started to turn. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • TLR 1

1 hour ago, PorkChopExpress said:

Seems like the Yermin incident was when it started to turn. 

I agree, I was going to mention that but it was a little earlier than the All Star break but then again I guess it left a bad taste about TLR among the players, it sure didn’t help and then Yermin was sent down to the minors later on.

• Like 1