Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

17 minutes ago, poppysox said:

When healthy I like our chances with a core of Moncada, Benintendi, Robert, Eloy, Vaughn.  IMO DeJong is a fine bridge to Montgomery, and I think Lopez will get lots of playing time as super-sub.  Cease should / will be traded to whichever team fills two of the three remaining RF, 2nd base, and catcher positions with good but perhaps blocked players.  They should be ML ready not future hope and dream type players.  This assumes of course that JR was serious about competing this year.  Finish the Cease trade with however many serviceable arms make the deal work.  Use free agency for that position still needing improvement and a couple of arms.  Personally, I feel we improved by the subtraction of Grandal, Anderson, and Bummer.  The pitchers we lost were nothing to write home about either.  It's not the 27' Yanks but this squad would compete for a playoff spot IMO.

This feels like the script being utilised by ticket agents with disbelieving season renewals....and Pedro Grifol already has one full year under his belt, all the negative influences but two are gone, etc.

26 minutes ago, poppysox said:

When healthy I like our chances with a core of Moncada, Benintendi, Robert, Eloy, Vaughn.  IMO DeJong is a fine bridge to Montgomery, and I think Lopez will get lots of playing time as super-sub.  Cease should / will be traded to whichever team fills two of the three remaining RF, 2nd base, and catcher positions with good but perhaps blocked players.  They should be ML ready not future hope and dream type players.  This assumes of course that JR was serious about competing this year.  Finish the Cease trade with however many serviceable arms make the deal work.  Use free agency for that position still needing improvement and a couple of arms.  Personally, I feel we improved by the subtraction of Grandal, Anderson, and Bummer.  The pitchers we lost were nothing to write home about either.  It's not the 27' Yanks but this squad would compete for a playoff spot IMO.

This team is going to be worse than last year

• Like 7

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

The lineup will be awful and the rotation will be fodder filled.

7 minutes ago, poppysox said:

You must be clairvoyant.  I don't know what the lineup or rotation will be yet.  

Just look at what is on the table and what’s possible when you cut out Cease with a lowered payroll.

This team will be losing ugly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

This is like hoping you can catch lightning in one of those 3 oz. containers they let you bring on planes 

21 minutes ago, Quin said:

This is like hoping you can catch lightning in one of those 3 oz. containers they let you bring on planes 

Let's just say I am willing to give Getz a chance before I slit my throat like most here.  As a fan since 1955 I have seen good teams and horrible teams.  Teams that are surprisingly good and those that disappoint mightily.  The WS are my team and that won't be changing anytime soon.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Let's just say I am willing to give Getz a chance before I slit my throat like most here.  As a fan since 1955 I have seen good teams and horrible teams.  Teams that are surprisingly good and those that disappoint mightily.  The WS are my team and that won't be changing anytime soon.

It's not Getz' acumen which will impact the roster the next few years as much as his budget. The previous four seasons were an abject failure, the FO was replaced and payroll is reverting to normal low $100M Sox standards for the time being until they can show they have an adequate core to invest and build around.

The only way out of this hole is for the Sox to vastly improve drafting and signing quality amateurs and developing them into contributing ball players. It's going to take time, but I'm willing to give it a chance as long as they give a credible timeline and show evidence they can succeed where Hahn could not.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

It's not Getz' acumen which will impact the roster the next few years as much as his budget. The previous four seasons were an abject failure, the FO was replaced and payroll is reverting to normal low $100M Sox standards for the time being until they can show they have an adequate core to invest and build around.

The only way out of this hole is for the Sox to vastly improve drafting and signing quality amateurs and developing them into contributing ball players. It's going to take time, but I'm willing to give it a chance as long as they give a credible timeline and show evidence they can succeed where Hahn could not.

Ding ding ding.

57 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I didn't get the memo that payrolls were reverting to low 100's...if that is the case...I agree with you.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic