Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

8 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

No it isn't. It's time to prioritize what we actually need and not add more mediocre RH players. I'm sick of that s%*#.

Enough is enough. 

They’re so far away from contending, I’d rather they just get good players and worry about lineup balance down the road.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

41 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

No it isn't. It's time to prioritize what we actually need and not add more mediocre RH players. I'm sick of that s%*#.

Enough is enough. 

RH is Rick Hahn, or Right-Handed, or both?

Unfortunately, they lost mediocre as the standard this past April.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

I didn't get the memo that payrolls were reverting to low 100's...if that is the case...I agree with you.

If they strip away Benintendi and Moncada, they're getting closer and closer....that won't happen until at least the trade deadline.

Of they simply get stuck with AB until he retires, ala the Royals with Alex Gordon.   Hopefully he starts out well enough to garner some interest and they can dump him at 50 cents on the dollar at some point.

Although they might not be able to afford to cut a $30 million check in 2024.

JR has a thing about extricating every possible ounce of value out of players and coaches/managers, with very very FEW exceptions.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Unless Baltimore remains obstinate about paying the prospect price 🙄🙄

According to the report we received the issue was Cowser. Most people here would prefer Kjerstad anyway. I realize Getz likes well rounded players but Kjerstad has the arm for RF and someone in the lineup has to provide legit LHS at cleanup and also to protect Robert, as opposed to  limp dick players masquerading as a LHS (*cough..Beni, yoyo..cough*). 

IMO, if it came down to Kjerstad and Norby and an semi ok third piece most people here would probably take that than ATLs 2 SPs and Grissom and most would prolly prefer that to Busch and Stone too. 

Edited by SoCalChiSox
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

According to the report we received the issue was Cowser. Most people here would prefer Kjerstad anyway. I realize Getz likes well rounded players but Kjerstad has the arm for RF and someone in the lineup has to provide legit LHS at cleanup and also to protect Robert, as opposed to  limp dick players masquerading as a LHS (*cough..Beni, yoyo..cough*). 

IMO, if it came down to Kjerstad and Norby and an semi ok third piece most people here would probably take that than ATLs 2 SPs and Grissom and most would prolly prefer that to Busch and Stone too. 

I’d be very disappointed with Norby as the 2nd piece in a trade.  I love Kjerstad but think another team would be able to beat that offer.

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’d be very disappointed with Norby as the 2nd piece in a trade.  I love Kjerstad but think another team would be able to beat that offer.

Most were thinking Ortiz but it seems they prefer Norby. Perhaps they don't want to admit CM will not stick at SS. 

BAL isn't going to include Mayo or basallo,  so who would be your second piece if they didn't want Ortiz for whatever reason?

Edited by SoCalChiSox

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Most were thinking Ortiz but it seems they prefer Norby. Perhaps they don't want to admit CM will not stick at SS. 

BAL isn't going to include Mayo or basallo,  so who would be your second piece if they didn't want Ortiz for whatever reason

I don’t buy they prefer Norby over Ortiz unless it’s a pure age.  A RH bat first 2B just doesn’t seem like what Getz is prioritizing.

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t buy they prefer Norby over Ortiz unless it’s a pure age.  A RH bat first 2B just doesn’t seem like what Getz is prioritizing.

I agree that Getz seems he would strongly prefer a double plus glove at keystone or SS, so if macsandz report is correct, perhaps they think his bat is well below 50/50 and basically can't be anything other than 9 hitter. 

That's the only other thing that could explain it.

Edited by SoCalChiSox

42 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yeah, zero interest in what ATL has to offer.  Baltimore >>, that is if they get serious about winning in the post season. 

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

BAL isn't going to include Mayo or basallo,  so who would be your second piece if they didn't want Ortiz for whatever reason?

I can see preferring Norby to Ortiz. Ortiz is aging out of true prospect status. He’s a plus glove at short, but I would not bet the bat plays anywhere else. If you’re committed to Montgomery at ss, Norby might make more sense.  I bet Baltimore doesn’t pull the trigger on any of it, though. The cheapskates may be a landing spot for Gio.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If the Sox are so impatient to get a deal done quickly, expect a disappointing outcome. They gotta be willing to pull Cease off the trading block, and trade him at the deadline. The sharks probably smell weakness and inexperience. Maybe they even smell a Cease decline. In which case, yeah, the Sox have to rush the deal. But that's an easy read for the league then. Do you expect to see top offers? I don't. Not until Cease is back on the bump, shutting teams down.

Edited by Chick Mercedes
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I can see preferring Norby to Ortiz. Ortiz is aging out of true prospect status. He’s a plus glove at short, but I would not bet the bat plays anywhere else. If you’re committed to Montgomery at ss, Norby might make more sense.  I bet Baltimore doesn’t pull the trigger on any of it, though. The cheapskates may be a landing spot for Gio.

Pretty sure Gia is signing with the Dodgers. At least, there seemed to be a lot of smoke there.

Edited by CWSpalehoseCWS

1 hour ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I agree that Getz seems he would strongly prefer a double plus glove at keystone or SS, so if macsandz report is correct, perhaps they think his bat is well below 50/50 and basically can't be anything other than 9 hitter. 

That's the only other thing that could explain it.

It's Norby's make up that stands out. That's a crucial part of evals with Getz. It's not just the projections.  

Edited by macsandz
brevity
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, macsandz said:

It's Norby's make up that stands out. That's a crucial part of evals with Getz. It's not just the projections.  

Thanks for the clarification. Anything new on the BAL front?

IMO, Getz shouldn't get hung up on Cowser. Hopefully, if we accept Kjerstad as the top piece BAL will be more reasonable on enhancing other pieces.

I really really hope ATL isn't the trading partner that will be fucking horrible.

Give us some good morsels to chew on bro...

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic