Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think that $40M surplus value is too low.  IMO, he’s a 4 win pitcher and worst case scenario you’re looking at (8 x $9M) - $20M = $52M.  Throw in the strong possibility of a QO compensation pick when he leaves and the general scarcity of quality SP and I think you’re looking at $60M easily in expected surplus value.

I like how you are thinking here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think that $40M surplus value is too low.  IMO, he’s a 4 win pitcher and worst case scenario you’re looking at (8 x $9M) - $20M = $52M.  Throw in the strong possibility of a QO compensation pick when he leaves and the general scarcity of quality SP and I think you’re looking at $60M easily in expected surplus value.

1 WAR is probably worth about 11ish million now.

4 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Someone smarter than me tell me if the Glasnow move now likely takes the Dodgers out of the running for Cease

They need multiple starters.  The question is can they afford to spend $55M on him and Yamamoto, or do they need to go cheaper for the second starter.

37 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The Glasnow move is wild with the extension. I love Glasnow too, but he's made of glass. I wouldn't even count this as a full pitcher acquisition. Cease, Glasnow, Ohtani and etc would be about as filthy as they would be unreliable but... in 2025 it would be crazy good stuff.

Ohtani Gonsolin May Kershaw all added for 2025.

Plus the survivors of the pitching tryouts between AA and AAA staffs.

Gives TBR a chance.  They were never in a million years going to deal Arozarena with the Franco uncertainty.

Rays with $35 to spend not to mention MLB decision on Franco contract pending investigation results.

LAD have to go through same with Urias.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Wittenmyer was on a podcast with Kaplan and said the Sox asking price is absolutely ridiculous for Cease.  This is likely coming from the Reds point of view.

Two Cubs fans criticizing what the Sox are doing? I don't believe it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The Glasnow move is wild with the extension. I love Glasnow too, but he's made of glass. I wouldn't even count this as a full pitcher acquisition. Cease, Glasnow, Ohtani and etc would be about as filthy as they would be unreliable but... in 2025 it would be crazy good stuff.

Glass-now amiright?

• Hawk 2

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

They weren’t criticizing the Sox at all.  More that it’s more than what the Reds and Cubs are likely to want to give up.

OK. From your comments it sounded like they were criticizing the Sox for the ridiculous asking price. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fathom said:

Wittenmyer was on a podcast with Kaplan and said the Sox asking price is absolutely ridiculous for Cease.  This is likely coming from the Reds point of view.

As it should be.

Which is why it's baffling/frustrating that seemingly every reporter keeps saying Atlanta when they don't have alot to offer. 

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

AJSS+Waldrep isn't a great offer if that's even the offer. AJSS+Waldrep+Grissom STILL isn't a great offer. 

A great offer actually addresses our long term needs. 

Pitching is still a long term need (until proven otherwise).

Edit: also might be better than what other teams are offering? Hmmm…

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic