Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

2 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Just sit tight. We are not accepting a light offer.

It will cripple Getz in future negotiations if we do.

I want Jones and Hampton. 

I dont care that NYY is not offering either. 

When they miss out on Snell and Montgomery, maybe they will get serious.

If not, wait till July. IDGAF.

They are only offering $140 million to Snell's $240 ask.  Not convincing that they REALLY want Snell.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

When will Davis Martin be ready to pitch ?

Seems like there's no harm letting him get started in AA or AAA/extended spring in AZ...different reports out there and that first year back has increasingly become a train wreck for numerous pitchers.

He blows most of the vets away and he will get a spot somewhere in the rotation or perhaps bullpen. 

Edited by caulfield12

4 hours ago, T R U said:

You're right, we don't. You can use common sense and history to tell you that a durable SP that is cheap and under control for 2 more seasons with Cy Young potential doesn't get the cold shoulder when put on the market.

The only reasonable explanation, or assumption, at this point is that the asking price by Getz is probably outside of the realm of reality at this time.

There are a lot factors in play besides the other sides repetitive "Getz is asking too much"  rhetoric .

Just because a deal hasn't been completed yet means nothing. You're starting to sound like our Baltimore Bros.

Getz has a plan for the off-season and we have heard repeatedly that it involves waiting out the market and for Snell and Montgomery to sign 1st. Right or wrong Snell and Montgomery are still out there. Getz is being tested by the other GMs more experienced than he is.

If you're getting shaky about it now , what are you going to do if Cease starts pitching into the season ?

I know many here (myself included) who don't want Getz to  do that. But some are fine with it . Too risky vs. a risk worth taking.

Cease ,Snell and Montgomery are all Scott Boras clients. There's a lot going on behind the scenes that we aren't privy to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SkokieSox said:

History also suggests Cy Young winners sign by now as well. Is Snell’s camp asking an absurd amount? Or is it another example of buyers trying to reset the market precedence? 

Snell is also this super weird option where he has 2 Cy Young awards with 3.33 middling seasons in-between. So, the odds are 50% or better that you're signing him for $240 million and getting $75 million performance in most of the years. It's rather remarkable for a Cy Young winner - the 2023 picture is dramatically different from the previous years. Snell's agent will focus only on 2023 since he wants a maximum return, a team will look at everything.

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

SportsGuy had Ortiz starting over him in his projected future lineup lol.

That was based on the idea that Westburg was in the deal. Gotta read the conversation.

That said, Ortiz could easily be as valuable a player as Westburg. 

Edited by Sports Guy

46 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Elias just isn’t serious about making a trade or winning for that matter.  Time to wait out Cashman until he panics.  No way Marcus fucking Stroman is making him feel warm & fuzzy about his pitching staff right now.

47 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Kjerstad + Westburg?

44 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Then who is the centerpiece?

I’m guessing that Getz is insisting on Cowser/Kjerstad and Westburg. Which explains why a deal isn’t done. 

Edited by Y2Jimmy0

8 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

I’m guessing that Cease is insisting on Cowser/Kjerstad and Westburg. Which explains why a deal isn’t done. 

I know Orioles fans will disagree but I don’t think that’s an unreasonable ask at all even if a couple additonal fringe prospects are included like the Quintana deal. Q returned two top prospects (Cease and Eloy) and two scrubs. At the time, Eloy was deemed a much better prospect than any of Cowser, Kjerstad, Westburg.

It’s easy to forget now but Eloy was once the #4 prospect in mlb behind Ohtani, Acuna, Vlad Jr. (2018 list)

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE
  • Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic