Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I never got the sense the Sox were even close to a deal with Orioles.  I strongly believe the Sox want a starting pitcher as the headliner.

You might be right, which is just insane IMO.  The positional depth in our system is very poor with little outfield talent.  I wouldn’t pass on a pitching headliner if it were someone with a legit TOR ceiling, but we shouldn’t be passing on positional prospects if they are available.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You might be right, which is just insane IMO.  The positional depth in our system is very poor with little outfield talent.  I wouldn’t pass on a pitching headliner if it were someone with a legit TOR ceiling, but we shouldn’t be passing on positional prospects if they are available.

Jerry doesn’t like to pay for pitching, so why wouldn’t he want his FO to focus on getting cheap pitching 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Jerry doesn’t like to pay for pitching, so why wouldn’t he want his FO to focus on getting cheap pitching 

Oh I get it, but you can’t force a trade like this looking to fill specific needs.  Go for the best talent possible or you risk writing off too many trade partners.

That being said, if you expect two higher end prospects and one needs to be a pitcher, then the Yankees still make a lot of sense for us.

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

I never got the sense the Sox were even close to a deal with Orioles.  I strongly believe the Sox want a starting pitcher as the headliner.

The Mariners giving up one of their starters (Woo or Miller) plus prospect(s) in a Cease trade still makes no sense to me.  I don’t see that happening.

• Like 1

There will always be an offer on the table for Cease that is better than the one the O’s gave up fo Burnes. Once Cease pitches the 1st half of the season like a Cy Young candidate, plenty of teams will come calling still. 

• Fire 1

8 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Bullshit. 

who sent CWS that PM? 

Mods speak up for yourselves. 

I never agreed to that. 

I think he's just having fun with you.

On the other hand, I could certainly see @Quin being Machiavellian behind the scenes. 

Edited by SoCalChiSox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

Screenshots or it didn’t happen.

Me and Aly have discussed privately and decided to cancel the ban bet.  While I know @ron883 will be disappointed, we felt a better proposal was to ban all Orioles posters if/when a Cease trade happens and he commands a headliner better than Joey Ortiz.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

25 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Me and Aly have discussed privately and decided to cancel the ban bet.  While I know @ron883 will be disappointed, we felt a better proposal was to ban all Orioles posters if/when a Cease trade happens and he commands a headliner better than Joey Ortiz.

I'm never a fan of people ducking out on their ban bets. However, this comprise isn't bad. I think we should just ban them all now. 

@southsider2k5 bust out your ban hammer and get to work. 

• Haha 2

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic