Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

22 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Did the Os fans migrate south for the summer, because the chirping sure got quiet.

They got their guy and they left. Thank goodness. 

The bad faith and circular arguments were getting old. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Still think Elias won't give up Westburg and Kjerstad and a pitcher?

Seems like we've got his dick in a blender with Getz index finger on the start button, sure would be a shame if we redefined what a Bloody Mary is...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Baron said:

They got their guy and they left. Thank goodness. 

The bad faith and circular arguments were getting old. 

I’m still checking in, but I can’t imagine the O’s are still interested in Cease, so no point in commenting on possible trades here.  Elias is downplaying these injuries: “I do want to be clear that we’re expecting both of those guys back, so I don’t want to go crazy ringing the alarm bells there. “

I see that Joey Ortiz was ranked no. 45 by Fangraphs today.   The Brewers will be happy with what they got for Burnes.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Still think Elias won't give up Westburg and Kjerstad and a pitcher?

Seems like we've got his dick in a blender with Getz index finger on the start button, sure would be a shame if we redefined what a Bloody Mary is...

I don't know. Elias seems like the type to chop off his nose to spite his face, or however that saying goes. There really couldn't be a more perfect opportunity with the added urgency.

Just now, Frobby said:

I’m still checking in, but I can’t imagine the O’s are still interested in Cease, so no point in commenting on possible trades here.  Elias is downplaying these injuries: “I do want to be clear that we’re expecting both of those guys back, so I don’t want to go crazy ringing the alarm bells there. “

I see that Joey Ortiz was ranked no. 45 by Fangraphs today.   The Brewers will be happy with what they got for Burnes.  

What would you expect him to do....go hiding under his Mommy's dress in tears?

He has to play it cool because sharks are circling. 

Just now, Tnetennba said:

I don't know. Elias seems like the type to chop off his nose to spite his face, or however that saying goes. There really couldn't be a more perfect opportunity with the added urgency.

He's certainly very stubborn and for good reason, he is an excellent and patient GM who prizes prospects as he should, but when you have a weak hand you gotta know when to hold em and when to fold em.

Dude is up s%*# creek without a paddle.

f*** him.....if we are going to bail him out...he will meet Getz demands. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

How many times has a pitcher gutted his way through a UCL tear with platelet injections and no TJ?

It might work for a month or two, but just delaying the inevitable.

Plus Hall is now the 5th starter for the Brewers.

Not even sure that Burnes is quite 100% with all the wear and tear over the last 3 seasons…something was just off with him last year compared to the previous two.

Basallo, they can survive without.  But not a frontline starter and no depth at the back end other than journeyman types.

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

He's certainly very stubborn and for good reason, he is an excellent and patient GM who prizes prospects as he should, but when you have a weak hand you gotta know when to hold em and when to fold em.

No he won’t, and he shouldn’t.   No chance were giving up Kjerstad, Westburg and a pitcher for Cease now.  That would have been a stretch before we traded Ortiz and Hall.  Now it would be robbing Peter to pay Paul.   

And just to review, before the Burnes trade I said I thought Kjerstad/Cowser + Ortiz/Norby and maybe a third piece was fair.   I probably would have considered Kjerstad + Westburg without a third piece.   But with Hall and Ortiz already traded, we’d feel a Westburg trade a lot more than before, and giving up another pitcher would be more difficult too.   So, I just don’t see it happening.  

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Oh I would take him as our GM in a millisecond don't get me wrong. I'm just annoyed by how long this has dragged out. If he wants to sit on his hands even now, more power to him. Enjoy that 3rd place finish in the AL East.

If you're smart and you see this happening to your team now, you go and grab a Johnny Cueto and a Julio Teheran or something like that for depth. It is very "Rick Hahn" like that they didn't seem to do that earlier in the offseason.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

How many times has a pitcher gutted his way through a UCL tear with platelet injections and no TJ?

For how long? Tanaka did that for years and I'm not sure he ever had TJS. Guys like Sale, Hendriks had those issues, did some treatment, and then lasted many years before they needed TJS. The White Sox just successfully traded Santos after a strain like that.

14 minutes ago, Frobby said:

See you in July

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s obvious the Orioles would now try to sell a package of Kjerstad OR Cowser but Getz will try for Mayo now.

Maybe the Orioles survive the first half.

But that division is a death march now.  They’re not sneaking up on anyone and their record in tight games was so one-sided its almost impossible to believe it could possibly hold up behind Kimbrel and some of the other unknowns that flashed last year in the bullpen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

No he won’t, and he shouldn’t.   No chance were giving up Kjerstad, Westburg and a pitcher for Cease now.  That would have been a stretch before we traded Ortiz and Hall.  Now it would be robbing Peter to pay Paul.   

And just to review, before the Burnes trade I said I thought Kjerstad/Cowser + Ortiz/Norby and maybe a third piece was fair.   I probably would have considered Kjerstad + Westburg without a third piece.   But with Hall and Ortiz already traded, we’d feel a Westburg trade a lot more than before, and giving up another pitcher would be more difficult too.   So, I just don’t see it happening.  

You have Urias for third with Henderson and Holliday up the middle.

Actually the guy Getz should target since they will hold on tight to Mayo is Bradfield, along with Cowser OR Kjerstad.  Not sure they even need a third piece like a Norby who might give you a 1.5 fWAR if everything goes right.

22 minutes ago, Frobby said:

If he got a PRP injection, it is a significant injury and he is going to miss at least 6weeks with shut down and ramp up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It’s obvious the Orioles would now try to sell a package of Kjerstad OR Cowser but Getz will try for Mayo now.

O's might as well pay the premium now instead of at the deadline. They had the extra leverage of always being able to offer Ortiz at the break for the best SP but got lucky when the brewers gave up early.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic