Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

I actually think Holliday will be their 2b by Memorial Day, but I guess Wesburg can play 3b.  Henderson being able to play ss makes them a better team long-term. He'd be GG at 3b, but I bet he pushes Holliday, not the other way around.

8 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

0% chance Orioles circle back after getting Burnes. They already dealt the prospects they wanted to deal.

They dealt the prospects they wanted to deal....BEFORE they knew the severity of the injuries to Braddish and Means. Now they are short in the rotation.

Of course the new ownership SHOULD just go out and grab Montgomery or Snell instead of trading from their top prospects, but until we see them willing to drop a big bag like that I will assume the Orioles should be far more motivated to include one of those top guys than they were a week ago.

21 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

They dealt the prospects they wanted to deal....BEFORE they knew the severity of the injuries to Braddish and Means. Now they are short in the rotation.

Of course the new ownership SHOULD just go out and grab Montgomery or Snell instead of trading from their top prospects, but until we see them willing to drop a big bag like that I will assume the Orioles should be far more motivated to include one of those top guys than they were a week ago.

They knew of the elbow issues for Cy Bradish for a month, it sounds like 

Edited by fathom
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

You have Urias for third with Henderson and Holliday up the middle.

Actually the guy Getz should target since they will hold on tight to Mayo is Bradfield, along with Cowser OR Kjerstad.  Not sure they even need a third piece like a Norby who might give you a 1.5 fWAR if everything goes right.

I sure wouldn't mind Bradfield or Beavers. We going to find out very soon how good Cowser and Kjerstad are going to be. If they arent that good  this season Kjerstad's rating will drop because he'll be 26 at the start of next season. With so much on the line they may try Kjerstad ahead of Cowser.

I like the younger Bradfield and Beavers, one  isa GG type CF with speed to burn and the the other generally characterized as a 5 tool guy and a great OBP.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

33 minutes ago, fathom said:

They knew of the elbow issues for Cy Bradish for a month, it sounds like 

They will simply argue Irvin Wells and Baumann can get them through the first half of the season...then the readjustments at the deadline when new ownership will provide them the ability to take on expiring salaries rather than trading core prospects.

8 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Oh yeah, July they'll come calling assuming they need pitching help (Which I'd bet heavily they will need it)

Could be earlier. Bradish and Means could turn into more serious problems . If Cease has a strong April and May and pitching injuries start hurting 3 or 4 contenders then watch out.

7 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Good to hear Jimmy 

LOL dudes it just his opinion. Lots of things are starting to go wrong with their SP . If they don't want to get too far behind the 8 ball ,a durable starter having a really good 1st 2 months, will start to look a lot better to a lot of teams..

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

LOL dudes it just his opinion. Lots of things are starting to go wrong with their SP . If they don't want to get too far behind the 8 ball ,a durable starter having a really good 1st 2 months, will start to look a lot better to a lot of teams..

Especially the relatively cheap salary aspect.

6 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Orioles circled back on Cease the other day apparently. No idea if it’ll be them but I’ve talked to people who still think he moves. 

4 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Levine is on 670 right now. It sounds like VERY informed speculation after being at White Sox camp today. He said that talks with Baltimore are expected. 

Thanks for sharing this.  I missed all of this news.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Especially the relatively cheap salary aspect.

That's a given. The question with Cease is his last season and why teams don't want to give up big time prospects for just durability and a good contract. They want him to be a #1 or a really good #2. No matter how you slice it that 4.58 ERA is still too many runs . You have get back closer to his 2022 season. It's crucial he pitch better, more innings and have better command.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

6 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

They're not going to risk their rebuild exposing those two guys to a young clubhouse...when they now can spend their way through or around roster problems.

Bauer would league minimum so if he’s a problem, you just cut him. Not really a huge gamble.

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Bauer would league minimum so if he’s a problem, you just cut him. Not really a huge gamble.

Then another team would have offered Clevinger first…but I”m guessing he is still expecting over $12 million at a minimum after last season.

With Bauer, not the financial but the massive PR hit and potential (would say more than likely) female fan boycotts.

It’s an act of desperation.

11 minutes ago, Baron said:

I was reading Heymans article from yesterday. He "confirmed" that the package of prospects the O's just traded was what they offered to Getz for Cease. 

Barring some kind of injury or disastrous first half, Getz made the right move. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic