Pony up!

SoxFest23

In the past I planned multiple summer vacations around attending games in Chicago. Now, I'll be at a game or two if they happen to be in town when I am. I'll also check the secondary market for cheap seats over buying direct. 

I threw away a few worn out hats and shirts. I won't be replacing them anytime soon. 

• Like 4

Our family and some friends usually go to one game and sit in the club level.  It's pricy, but it's only one game.

We'll probably go to one game again this season, but I really don't see going to more, even if it's just my wife and me or my son and me.

My son and I went to a Brewers game last year, and it was a blast.  We're thinking of maybe hitting a Cardinals game this year.  I'd rather spend the money going to other ballparks for the experience than going to see the Sox, especially if they're going to have a subpar product on the field.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Eloy would look good in a Cubs jersey....kinda Ernie Banks , especially with his sweeping swing , his smile, involvement with fans in the stands,  and desire to play and win.

Edited by tray

7 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Is this a prelude to Eloy getting traded? The Sox way......Jerry to Brooks " lets get rid of his jerseys before we trade him since no one will buy them afterwards"

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

Is this a prelude to Eloy getting traded? The Sox way......Jerry to Brooks " lets get rid of his jerseys before we trade him since no one will buy them afterwards"

The Robert jerseys are on sale as well. All of the jerseys are on sale (you can get a Keuchel jersey for $49 if you hate yourself and money doesn't mean anything).

Don't read into the sale prices for off-season stuff. They're just trying to move inventory to free up space and capital for next year's products. '47 Brand just had a huge sale on all of their MLB gear too for the same reason.

2 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

The Robert jerseys are on sale as well. All of the jerseys are on sale (you can get a Keuchel jersey for $49 if you hate yourself and money doesn't mean anything).

Don't read into the sale prices for off-season stuff. They're just trying to move inventory to free up space and capital for next year's products. '47 Brand just had a huge sale on all of their MLB gear too for the same reason.

I was looking at that very tempting sale yesterday but I resisted.

4 minutes ago, wegner said:

I was looking at that very tempting sale yesterday but I resisted.

I'm a sucker and easy money for Jerry. I pout and moan about this franchise, and then I'm over on '47's website looking for new hats to wear to the one series the Sox come to Boston every year.

It's an abusive relationship and I can't quit it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

I'm a sucker and easy money for Jerry. I pout and moan about this franchise, and then I'm over on '47's website looking for new hats to wear to the one series the Sox come to Boston every year.

It's an abusive relationship and I can't quit it.

The next, and possibly last, jersey I ever intend to buy is a Luke Appling jersey. The one I want is never in stock anywhere. I’ve been told it’s only ever printed very infrequently. The one with the baseball in the “o” of Sox, and the baseball bat diagonally through Sox.