Bummer to ATL

Nokona

• Quin pinned this topic
2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Benetti is going to be absolutely devastated that the pride of Naperville returns home and he won't get to call his games.

He can still do it 14 times a year for the Tigers. And maybe 5 Tigers fans might know where Naperville is.

I think Soroka is probably done. I mean, no one the Sox got is what you call good, but maybe the garbage they just added is better than the garbage that was already in the 40 man?  Clearly, a team this bad doesn’t need Aaron Bummer, and he will benefit from getting away from their putrid defense.  I wonder if Fraser Ellard has an outside shot of being an okay pen piece.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I think if Soroka is healthy both him and Shuster are in the rotation ideally 

This is exactly my thought. We need guys we can put in the rotation, and this gives us two options.  We lost a SS in Anderson, but we pick up an option at middle IF.  If any part of this deal works out for us, we could be looking at a pretty good deal. If we get multiple guys to contribute somehow, this could be a steal of a deal.

It’s not looking like we will seriously compete in 2024 without a whole lot of guys emerging/having career years. We will have plenty of innings to give guys to show us what they have.

Edited by tjp1684

• bmags featured, unfeatured and unpinned this topic