Bummer to ATL

Nokona

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

Shuster, Soroka, Lopez, and Shewmake are on the 40-man which is now full. Lot of DFA candidates. 

For some reason I thought it was at 35? With now a gain of 3 (adding those 4, subtracting Bummer).

Edit: you’re right though. Probably non-tender/DFA at least 3 guys tomorrow.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

2 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

For some reason I thought it was at 35? With now a gain of 3 (adding those 4, subtracting Bummer).

Edit: you’re right though. Probably non-tender/DFA at least 3 guys tomorrow.

It was up to 37 with Mena and Eder. They really don’t have to jettison guys now, but looking at the 40–man, there is still a bunch of easily dumped AAAA guys.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I feel like adding Soroka to rotation over a gamble in free agency making ~$10M makes it feel like payroll is getting slashed even more than we expect.

Remember, once we trade Cease we basically have 1/2 of a SP.  While I’m expecting a pretty large payroll reduction, I still envision at least one, if not two, ~$10M or so free agent signings..

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Remember, once we trade Cease we basically have 1/2 of a SP.  While I’m expecting a pretty large payroll reduction, I still envision at least one, if not two, ~$10M or so free agent signings..

Man, f*** the new rule about not being able to get above the #10 pick. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Benetti is going to be absolutely devastated that the pride of Naperville returns home and he won't get to call his games.

Boyer ordered Getz to acquire Lopez to extract revenge for all the bad Benetti press this week.

:D

In all seriousness, wonder if the Sox will non-tender any of their return based on the projected arbitration values, or if they sent any cash in the deal. Regardless, it's a good deal for a reliever which I hope for his sake bounces back so he can get a solid deal in FA.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/11/braves-acquire-aaron-bummer-in-six-player-deal.html

• $3.9M Arb Estimate "Naperville" Nicky Lopez ($4.0M estimate per BP/Cot's)
  • $3.0M Arb Estimate Michael Soroka ($3.15M estimate per BP/Cot's)
  • $0.8M Braden Shewmake
  • $0.8M Jared Shuster
  • Minor League $ - Riley Gowens

After the bump, Cot's Contracts has the projected White Sox 26 man 2024 payroll at $109.8M, not counting buyouts beyond Leury, or deferred payments to Jose Abreu and Liam Hendriks. A new owner gets a very clean slate compared to most teams.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C4dU46AiC_pt1GtzakmASUg9UD_UnpG32kdRZ3clOnk/edit#gid=1520401900

• $109.8M 2024 commitments/estimates
  • $40.10M 2025 c/e
  • $19.1M 2026 c/e
  • $15.1M 2027
  • $0.0M 2028

• bmags featured, unfeatured and unpinned this topic