DeJong to Sox

hogan873

45 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Looks like Getz is trying to make sure no prospect is rushed and gets sufficient AAA ABs and innings in his new regime.

Or has learned from Hahn how to maximize the earning potential of a Sox GM by stretching out the rebuild to a minimum of 4-5 years...if not 6.

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What you hearing Pal?  I’ve been meaning to message you.  These Whit Merrifield rumors have broken my holiday spirit, so please tell me it’s not him.

Nothing I can say specifically but something was close yesterday. It wasn't Dejong. Whatever it is is alive and still in play tonight.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Here we go again. Dejong has a lifetime OBP of .299.  Just start Montgomery. He'll be 22 when the 2024 season starts. Robin Ventura was 22 in his rookie year. He had a tough first season, but the next year he had 100 RBI.

No, absolutely do not do that. 

3 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

Here we go again. Dejong has a lifetime OBP of .299.  Just start Montgomery. He'll be 22 when the 2024 season starts. Robin Ventura was 22 in his rookie year. He had a tough first season, but the next year he had 100 RBI.

Ventura was/is one of the most famous players in the history of NCAA baseball at Ok State...Golden Spikes winner, every possible award and accolade that one can accumulate.

Montgomery is from a relatively rural Indiana high school and has already missed significant chunks of playing time.

The Andrew Vaughn Experience should be enough to pump the brakes...and Colas/Sosa (pretty much any prospect in 2022) as well.

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Ventura was/is one of the most famous players in the history of NCAA baseball at Ok State...Golden Spikes winner, every possible award and accolade that one can accumulate.

Montgomery is from a relatively rural Indiana high school and has already missed significant chunks of playing time.

The Andrew Vaughn Experience should be enough to pump the brakes...and Colas/Sosa (pretty much any prospect in 2022) as well.

23 minutes ago, Jerry McNertney said:

There is no reason to burn the clock on Montgomery’s service clock immediately on a pretty much punted season.  Let him get ready in AAA.  If DeJong stinks, DFA.  If DeJong turns it around, trade him for a flier.  This is a zero risk 1 year stop gap at SS.

Getz is making the right plays so far.

• Like 3

If the White Sox are improving their infield defense, even with the lack of offense, is this the sign of a rebuild or a retooling?

Same on Bummer...they decide to improve the defense now after they trade him, but they added at least one starting pitcher (we know they aren't going to spend on aby significant free agent) and add a few spare parts (including that infield defense) .

Saying that, if they trade Cease and acquire 2 players who they expect to be part of the team for next year (say another starter and a RF), add a few more stop gap free agents for cheap....one more starter, 2 relievers another 2B....

Who is the team to beat in this division and can the White Sox compete with some mish mash of stopgaps?

1 hour ago, pcullotta said:

From the outside, I'd just be laughing.

From the inside, it's sad.

Being a fan sucks some times, these are those times.  

All that’s left to do is laugh otherwise you’ll go crazy.

6 hours ago, hogan873 said:

Like the beginning of the first episode of Family Guy when it returned from being cancelled and Peter named off about 30 Fox shows that had started and been cancelled, saying that if all those shows got cancelled, Family Guy might make it.

Edited by Stinky Stanky

6 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Sign all the veteran utility infielders, and when the league runs out, everybody else has to deal with us!! I love it!!

Like that great line from A Christmas Story, "Got a whole goddam team of utility infielders."  But if you watch the TBS version, it's been cut out.  Merry Christmas.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Shewmake has multiple options. So does Lopez, actually. 

But we have like 4 Remillards we can park in Charlotte in reserve; maybe they have limited options, I don't know.

Nicky isn't going to get any better.  I suppose Shewmake might.  Anyway, if the idea is to park them in Charlotte, then why not try to get a real prospect out of the deal instead?

And then if they sign Merrifield on top of this, it gets really confusing.

• bmags unpinned this topic