Chicago Cubs Offseason Outlook brought to to you by Caulfield

caulfield12

4 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Sir, this is a White Sox forum.

I was just told that anything non directly Sox-related shouldn't be posted on the Chicago White Sox FA/Offseason Board, so:

So then we simply shouldn't talk at all about the Cubs...Cubs should be banned entirely from the platform and Diamond Club during the regular season as well.  Ban the Padres and Jared Kelenic, too, whatever.

Ron883 shouldn't be allowed to threaten to leave and become a Cubs' fan over and over and over again, either.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

I was just told that anything non directly Sox-related shouldn't be posted on the Chicago White Sox FA/Offseason Board, so:

So then we simply shouldn't talk at all about the Cubs...Cubs should be banned entirely from the platform and Diamond Club during the regular season as well.  Ban the Padres and Jared Kelenic, too, whatever.

Ron883 shouldn't be allowed to threaten to leave and become a Cubs' fan over and over and over again, either.

F*ck you!

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

• Kyyle23 changed the title to Chicago Cubs Offseason Outlook brought to to you by Caulfield
33 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

I dont care what the cubs do in offseason,

I only care about what the Cubs do in the way I care what other clubs do, and how it affects the White Sox. I'm not sure if this thread is a criticism of people who are constantly trying to measure up against the Cubs, or people who complain about those who constantly try to measure up against the Cubs. Or the one guy named up front who threatens to go be a Cub fan. 

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, pettie4sox said:

Damn, what was the title?

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Damn, I didn't get to see it lol

It was something along the lines of calling out posters who complain about everything but never start their own threads. But less tame.

In all reality it's just the OP key-stroke vomiting like normal, adding nothing of substance to any discussion.

Why he desperately wants to talk about the Cubs specifically is beyond me, or why it necessitates its own thread. There are a thousand other places he could do so, but instead we have this pointless thread. 

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

I'm jealous of their organization.  They might be one of the few Chicago teams that is trying to do something right.  They don't have an owner that is so out of touch with baseball reality. 

Sometimes I agree with this point and then other times I'm not so sure.  They always seem to be getting everyone either via trade or FA but it reality they finalize very few of these deals.

They are light years better then the White Sox but that's a rather low bar. 

1 hour ago, Harry Chappas said:

Sometimes I agree with this point and then other times I'm not so sure.  They always seem to be getting everyone either via trade or FA but it reality they finalize very few of these deals.

They are light years better then the White Sox but that's a rather low bar. 

Jerry or Tom Ricketts? Yes totally light yrs ahead

2 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Caulfield what is the offseason outlook for your Padres?

Can't afford Jung-ho Lee and starting pitching in this market.

They were expecting $60-75 million on Lee deal.

No closer in sight, bullpen and bottom half of roster not good enough, pretty much have to sell off Machado and Bogaerts now at some point in the next couple of years as ticket sales fall off inevitably.

Will probably let this year play out...definitely won't go all in on Cease.  Exercise in futility.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I've always accepted the accidents at birth. It's the folks that have a choice and choose wrong that I can't understand. 

Doomed by favorite uncle (who definitely liked his beer, mostly Coors in the 70's and 80's) loving the White Sox, the other liked the Cubs.

Of course, he was from Dubuque and worked for the local meat packing company.

• Like 1