Glasnow traded to Dodgers

Chicago White Sox

Just now, Quin said:

If the Sox don't trade Cease to Baltimore, I'm worried SoCal will raze Guaranteed Rate 

A distinct possibility. 

Man ATL would be the absolute worst. Something like AJSS + Grissom + some other lame prospects is very weak.

Very weak.

Even both pitchers is meh. 

We need LHS. 

Evidently Getz thinks the Ten Commandments says Thou Shall not Slug.

If so, he's a fucking moron. LDB is a lame way to play.

Even if Chicago got AJSS and Waldrep I would have to apologize to @bmags and @baseball_gal_aly because they would still be on balance right about Cease's lack of value. 

Two pitchers and no LHS is unacceptable.

One pitcher and a pile of crap is a disaster of biblical proportions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

A distinct possibility. 

Man ATL would be the absolute worst. Something like AJSS + Grissom + some other lame prospects is very weak.

Very weak.

Even both pitchers is meh. 

We need LHS. 

Evidently Getz thinks the Ten Commandments says Thou Shall not Slug.

If so, he's a fucking moron. LDB is a lame way to play.

Even if Chicago got AJSS and Waldrep I would have to apologize to @bmags and @baseball_gal_aly because they would still be on balance right about Cease's lack of value. 

Two pitchers and no LHS is unacceptable.

One pitcher and a pile of crap is a disaster of biblical proportions. 

Does lack of suitors equate to lack of value? Simply because Baltimore won't part with their precious prospects doesn't mean those posters are right.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Does lack of suitors equate to lack of value? Simply because Baltimore won't part with their precious prospects doesn't mean those posters are right.

We need LHS no matter what. If there's 10 teams that want him there has to be some kind of creative package somewhere to get some fiercesome left handed bats from someone.

It shouldn't be that hard. 

There is zero excuse to accept two pitchers. 

I'd rather have the Dodger package that @Chicago White Sox proposed than 2 pitchers +.

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

No. More like a lack of desperation by the teams that fit the best return the Sox are looking to receive. Baltimore prospect hugged at the deadline and it blew up in their faces. So far they are doing it again. If LA doesn’t feel the need to make a competitive offer after acquiring Glasnow, then that isn’t going to sway Baltimore to suddenly change tune.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

We need LHS no matter what. If there's 10 teams that want him there has to be some kind of creative package somewhere to get some fiercesome left handed bats from someone.

It shouldn't be that hard. 

There is zero excuse to accept two pitchers. 

I'd rather have the Dodger package that @Chicago White Sox proposed than 2 pitchers +.

There should be enough suitors to drive the price into the range the Sox will say yes to. I was merely dispelling the notion that Baltimore's refusal to pay up means that Cease's value isn't there. Those poster's aren't right until Cease is traded for less that what we thought, which hasn't happened. Baltimore's prospect hugging =|= Cease having a lower trade value.

13 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

There should be enough suitors to drive the price into the range the Sox will say yes to. I was merely dispelling the notion that Baltimore's refusal to pay up means that Cease's value isn't there. Those poster's aren't right until Cease is traded for less that what we thought, which hasn't happened. Baltimore's prospect hugging =|= Cease having a lower trade value.

All I am saying is if 2 pitchers plus meh prospects is the winning bid then one of two things is true and both of them suck.

1. We couldn't creatively manufacture a package (ie 3 team trade if fit isnt great or 2 team trade with someone like BAL or BOS where fit works) that's actually a good fit for our needs which means demand wasn't high enough elsewhere to allow us to get LHS despite BALs lack of interest. So in my eyes bmags and galaly are still right. If demand is massive, FO should be able to force someone to give us what we actually need in prospect capital. 

2. Getz is a moron with the wrong priorities and even after acquiring Nastrini, Eder, Bush and the ATL pitchers and with our own home grown pitchers possibly not far from MLB he STILL wants pitching over premium bats. This is arguably even worse than the first scenario.

Both inferences suck. 

The only thing that is kind if a grey area is CIN...where it's two pitchers and maybe you can argue Jorge is going to be a LHS soon...thats kind of borderline....but ATL is trash unless Kelenic is coming along with BOTH pitchers AND something else too. 

Edited by SoCalChiSox

42 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Why the urgency? He'll still be a massive commodity at the deadline especially if he regains his cy-young form

He could regain his cy young form. He could also be worse than last year. He could also get hurt. IMO it's a huge risk to hold him for that long.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Why the urgency? He'll still be a massive commodity at the deadline especially if he regains his cy-young form

Say the Sox hold onto him and he goes down with TJ in spring. He misses all of 2024, and 2025 is nothing more than him coming back and shaking off the rust. His value is gone just like that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Snopek said:

He could regain his cy young form. He could also be worse than last year. He could also get hurt. IMO it's a huge risk to hold him for that long.

1 minute ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Say the Sox hold onto him and he goes down with TJ in spring. He misses all of 2024, and 2025 is nothing more than him coming back and shaking off the rust. His value is gone just like that.

Fully agree.  Turning Cease into multiple controllable assets is critical to the mid-term future of the club.  Obviously you still need to get a strong package, but don’t hold off for perfection if it can be avoided.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Fully agree.  Turning Cease into multiple controllable assets is critical to the mid-term future of the club.  Obviously you still need to get a strong package, but don’t hold off for perfection if it can be avoided.

Yeah they can wait till ST starts but it doesn't make sense to take him into the season. 

Even if he pitches better I'm not sure  the return is going to be meaningfully better since it will be 1.5 years of control vs 2 years now so it might be a relative wash.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yeah they can wait till ST starts but it doesn't make sense to take him into the season. 

Even if he pitches better I'm not sure  the return is going to be meaningfully better since it will be 1.5 years of control vs 2 years now so it might be a relative wash.

No doubt in my mind he’s traded by end of January

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

An article from today he lists Braves as likely landing point.

Why would this be out of character for AA out of curiosity?

3 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Jimmy can you give us some morsels here.

If you had to predict now where would it be and roughly what compensation do you expect?

I'd still say Baltimore because it makes the most sense but I'm not sure at all. 

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I don't understand this. Unless you mean trading for a Boras client.

AA doesn't trade for Boras clients because he likes to extend players immediately after trading for them. They don't have any Boras guys I don't believe. 

• Like 1

• Quin changed the title to Glasnow traded to Dodgers