The OF Thread

Chicago White Sox

MLB Trade Rumors put the White Sox (plus Cleveland and Miami) in the mix for a possible deal with the Angels to clear their logjam of outfielders.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/01/the-opener-twins-angels-mlbtr-chat.html

2. Could Angels’ outfield logjam lead to a deal?

Former top prospects Jo Adell and Mickey Moniak are both out of options and must be passed through waivers before they can be sent to the minor leagues, meaning that as things stand the club figures to carry five full-time outfielders on its active roster to open the 2024 campaign.

While the departure of Shohei Ohtani could free up playing time at DH and Ward has made a cameo at the infield corners in the past,  it’s possible that the best use of the club’s resources would be to deal either Moniak or Adell in order to free up space on the club’s bench for more versatile options while also potentially recouping value that better fits the club’s needs. The Guardians, White Sox, and Marlins are among the teams who could stand to upgrade their outfield corps in the run-up to Spring Training.

No mention of Karl Hungus in the article.

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

MLB Trade Rumors put the White Sox (plus Cleveland and Miami) in the mix for a possible deal with the Angels to clear their logjam of outfielders.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2024/01/the-opener-twins-angels-mlbtr-chat.html

No mention of Karl Hungus in the article.

I will take either for free

31 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I'd like Getz to do at least one thing that Hahn was never able to do, get an average RF. It can't be that hard. 

Apparently it's pretty hard for white sox to find RF and 2B

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

I'm sure it would be very healthy. 

Hard pass then

When I eat a salad, I eat a salad.

When I eat a sandwich, I eat a sandwich.

Edited by wegner
Whiskey....water...for Quiet Man fans

3 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I want nothing to do with Adell. We have enough bad players on this team as it is.

Unless it's down to Adell OR Sheets...remember the premium Getz has set on defense, and trying to make Cease look as good as possible if they end up holding him into the regular season.

Edited by caulfield12

44 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Unless it's down to Adell OR Sheets...remember the premium Getz has set on defense, and trying to make Cease look as good as possible if they end up holding him into the regular season.

You might need to double check his Fangraph's page. Adell is atrocious in the OF. He's the RH version of Sheets.

13 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Sure is.  I remember his glove was always bad but wasn’t he hyped to be an almost sure thing with his bat?

Yes. Another cautionary tale to the O’s hugging all their prospects. 

38 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I’d be surprised. He can’t field anymore, and the Sox have DH locked up. Plus I don’t think the Sox have that much money to sign him or even beat other teams interested in him.

But...and hear me out...he has played for the Royals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3