Luis Robert hires Scott Boras as agent

Buehrle>Wood

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He is so fucking gone 12 months from now!!

Or sooner. If he puts up a monster 1st half this year, I'd be looking to trade him at the deadline. Can't screw around and wait for more injuries.

A high performance healthy 1st half would mean he put up 1.5 years of good numbers and good health.

Without going through his injury history  my guess is prior to that he usually didn't play 3 months without getting hurt and missing significant time . And if he did it was never near his upside for very long.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Or sooner. If he puts up a monster 1st half this year, I'd be looking to trade him at the deadline. Can't screw around and wait for more injuries.

A high performance healthy 1st half would mean he put up 1.5 years of good numbers and good health.

Without going through his injury history  my guess is prior to that he usually didn't play 3 months without getting hurt and missing significant time . And if he did it was never near his upside for very long.

Essentially 2 1/2 good years counting his breakout minor league season...where he jumped across multiple levels in one single year and exploded on the scene as a prospect.

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Think we can get Joey Ortiz from the Orioles in a Robert trade?

Basallo, Mayo, Kjerstad, Westburg and/or pitching prospect...that's going to be the ask.

No way they would risk trading Holliday, and getting just ONE player back for Robert still doesn't move the meter enough....have to get at least 2-3 guys out of it that become at the very least "well above average" (2.5-3 fWAR and up) major league regulars.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Soto was the max value at 3 1/2 years remaining...if you compare to value at just 2.

Significant difference between the two respective packages.

Soto was traded with 2.5 years and 1 year. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ron883 said:

@Rolle Tide's trade idea on the O's board

Orioles get Cease and Robert 

Padres get Hays/Mullins, Mountcastle, Urias, and Baumann

White Sox …. Cowser, Ortiz, Snelling/Lesko, Zavala, Bradfield Jr., Thorpe, Norby. 

Orioles aren’t getting Robert without giving up one of their top prospects. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

One?

Yeah, I meant as a vague statement.  Biggest issue would be Orioles lack of pitching prospects.  Would have to be something that would kill their system, which I don’t think they’d do.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yeah, I meant as a vague statement.  Biggest issue would be Orioles lack of pitching prospects.  Would have to be something that would kill their system, which I don’t think they’d do.

I gotcha…and yeah, not getting Robert with their spare and second tier prospects alone.

• Like 1

Luis Robert for team captain/player manager/language coach/Pete Rose-Dale Carnegie award winner. 

Would actually prefer a news blackout for spring training. 

5 hours ago, fathom said:

I’m surprised how many Sox fans are freaking out about this news.  It means relatively nothing, as it’s almost a foregone conclusion another team will have to worry about re-signing him.

Sox fans are freaking out?  I figured most can read the tea leaves here.  Cease pretty much already told the story, as have many other top Sox players in the past nearing free agency.  It’s just a matter of when he is traded, not if he will be.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

4 hours ago, Sambuca said:

Soto was traded with 2.5 years and 1 year. 

Yeah...was off by one year.

3 1/2 years of .900 OPS (first half 2024) remaining and GG defending Robert wouldn't be much more than a 10-15% discount compared to Soto's initial trade value in summer 2022.

Edited by caulfield12