Sox PR "ooops" moment?

Lip Man 1

2 hours ago, T R U said:

Yeah I saw Balta post that in the minors forum and just shook my head.

Thanks for the direction to the other thread.  Looks like they have since deleted the tweet, unless I’m mistaken.  So I read about it here:

Apparently, they also posted a “highlight” video of Gonzalez grounding out.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Haha 1

The fact that there were multiple “just getting started” posts highlighting failure leads me to believe this was intentional.

No idea what the motive would be, but there’s no way someone working for an MLB team didn’t understand those stats were poor and weak groundouts to 2B are not good. Even if the person was just an intern. 

7 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

The fact that there were multiple “just getting started” posts highlighting failure leads me to believe this was intentional.

No idea what the motive would be, but there’s no way someone working for an MLB team didn’t understand those stats were poor and weak groundouts to 2B are not good. Even if the person was just an intern. 

This same PR department last year didn't have anyone who said "Hey, Maybe allowing Mr. Clevinger to use 'Gold digger' as his game opening music isn't the best look for our team."

1 hour ago, Sambuca said:

Member of Keith Law Family Tree?

8 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Tinfoil hat theory: They posted it because they were trying to embarass Haber and his computer on the way out.

How many would know that Haber was so intimately involved with that blown selection...?   Compared to Hahn/KW/Fabian...obviously Shirley, etc.

47 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Tinfoil hat theory: They posted it because they were trying to embarass Haber and his computer on the way out.

It's the people who listened to Haber and made a pick based on his advice that should be embarrassed.  

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Sambuca said:

I think you are reaching.  Like many companies, the Sox just hire a lot of terrible people that keep their jobs for far too long.  Remember this image that was posted to the official White Sox Twitter?

1604078472458.png

Not to mention the Senior Vice President, Chief Revenue and Marketing Officer whom apparently didn’t like how Jason Benetti ate ballpark food on air, which was leaked by the media.  When you see this trend of frequent occurrences of incompetence and stupidity, is it even a surprise anymore?

@Balta1701 also mentioned another good [embarrassingly bad] example above as well.

However, the theory that there is a super evil genius and master troll working in the Sox marketing / PR staff that is clowning every stupid decision the Sox make is pretty awesome to think about.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would have said that the sox probably have automated the Twitter posting using a web scraping tool to automatically add some stats and not check them but I doubt the sox IT R&D is able to do that, they are probably still getting faxes from Jerry:).

• Haha 1