ST Thread

pcq

Just now, Sambuca said:

<iframe width="360" height="203"
 src="https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/3ea41aee-c131-4ad6-9276-9b09d978592f/embed?autoplay=false"
 frameborder="0"></iframe>

Lol. That’s supposed to be Ice Cube from Friday forcefully asking, “what he say?” But apparently I’m not savvy enough to embed the clip.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

Lol. That’s supposed to be Ice Cube from Friday forcefully asking, “what he say?” But apparently I’m not savvy enough to embed the clip.

I gotchu

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

Typical Jim Thome fluff.  They all have a great swing and can be productive, etc.

• Paper Bag 1

2 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Whyyy is Sheets still playing RF? The stupidity knows no bounds. 

It will be amazing if both Sheets and Moustakas make the opening day roster, which would indicate that the Sox are indeed this stupid and view him as a RF primarily.  Crazy considering Getz is supposed to be Mr. Defense, that he would allow this.  I know it’s just Spring Training but why play Sheets in RF if you aren’t going to be willing to do the same during the regular season?

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • TLR 1
  • Paper Bag 2

16 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Just to get ABs…I guess. I doubt he actually will during regular season unless absolutely necessary. I actually don’t even think he will make the roster unless there is an injury.

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Just to get ABs…I guess. I doubt he actually will during regular season unless absolutely necessary. I actually don’t even think he will make the roster unless there is an injury.

After seeing the playing time Sheets has received over the past couple seasons and where he has played, while being awful with both the bat and the glove, I don’t think we can assume the Sox will make the no brainer decision here.  The Sox think he’s good because he’s a lefty and is perceived to have power.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2
  • TLR 1

25 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Those AB's should probably go to *anyone* else who might actually be productive. If anything I think it points to him being on the roster unfortunately.

Edited by Tnetennba
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Other teams must envy us…

IMG-0191.jpg

You can circle Benintendi too unless he somehow becomes a productive starter after finishing with a 0.0 fWAR after playing 151 games. Only four White Sox position players appearing in over 1/3 of the teams games finished worse (Grandal, Anderson, Colas and Sheets). 

• Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

7 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

You can circle Benintendi too unless he somehow becomes a productive starter after finishing with a 0.0 fWAR after playing 151 games. Only four White Sox position players appearing in over 1/3 of the teams games finished worse (Grandal, Anderson, Colas and Sheets). 

Good point.  He better turn it around.  Paying $16.5 for under league average WAR this season would be putrid.  Because you know he will stay at the top of the lineup regardless with Grifol around.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • TLR 1

1 hour ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

I mean honestly, has anyone in management looked at his defensive numbers over the last 2 years? If he can even remotely hit the ball, then it MIGHT make sense, because this roster will need all the offensive help it can get, but if his bat flounders there is no need to keep him on the roster. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TLR 1
  • Paper Bag 1

With all the bizarre veterans continuing to pile up, and Tony continuing to hover over Glendale like buzzards awaiting the death of their next meal, I continue to have at least a suspicion Tony continues to call the shots as he has since Jerry hired him in October 2020.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

I mean honestly, has anyone in management looked at his defensive numbers over the last 2 years? If he can even remotely hit the ball, then it MIGHT make sense, because this roster will need all the offensive help it can get, but if his bat flounders there is no need to keep him on the roster. 

It’s amazing.  He has done nothing with his bat or glove to make even the dumbest baseball fan think he should be a starting DH, but the Sox seem to think he is a worthy part-time RF.  How do these people have jobs?

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 1
  • TLR 1
  • Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

It’s amazing.  He has done nothing with his bat or glove to make even the dumbest baseball fan think he should be a starting DH, but the Sox seem to think he is a worthy part-time RF.  How do these people have jobs?

He's a DH and his statcast xwOBA was in the 1st percentile. Anytime you have a guy like that, you find a way to get him playing time.

He's a comically bad player. Like he's probably not even a AAAA player. He'll also be 28 in May. I mean, if he was 24 maybe you can justify it based on profile a bit, but he's already well into what should be his statistical prime.

• Thanks 1
  • TLR 1