Sox Sign Mike Moustakas

Heads22

1 minute ago, WestEddy said:

That's a lot of character veterans to keep an eye on Colas. 

They'd have to be in Charlotte for that.

A bench of Stassi, Mendick, Moustakas and random outfielder is easy to imagine

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Gavin Sheets is probably a dude that should be concerned about this, especially since I believe he still has an option

I’d rather have Moustakas as a backup 1B than Sheets. Just keep both out of the OF. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

I’d rather have Moustakas as a backup 1B than Sheets. Just keep both out of the OF. 

In theory your random backup OF (Pillar for example) would be your first option, Eloy might be your second option (he's bad but if he has to cover some innings as  your fifth outfielder, whatever, its not like we have to keep him healthy for a pennant chase) and Mendick's played the OF before too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

How bad do you have to suck to get benched for Moustakas

I mean....he's Gavin Sheets. I'm not even a Moose fan, but I'd rather him be on the roster over Gavin Sheets.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

I mean....he's Gavin Sheets. I'm not even a Moose fan, but I'd rather him be on the roster over Gavin Sheets.

Gavin seems like a nice enough guy thats been played out of position in a situation that hasn't been conducive to development. He probably deserves a change of scenery but going to Charlotte is fine. Or if they find a move to fill a different spot. As fathom said, its also very believable that someone (Yoan) gets hurt at some point, possibly in Spring Training. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heads22 said:

Gavin seems like a nice enough guy thats been played out of position in a situation that hasn't been conducive to development. He probably deserves a change of scenery but going to Charlotte is fine. Or if they find a move to fill a different spot. As fathom said, its also very believable that someone (Yoan) gets hurt at some point, possibly in Spring Training. 

Watch, somehow, with this team now built to be a 100+ loss team, Yoan will manage to play the entire season without injury.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1