Texsox

Attendance Projection   

42 members have voted

1. 1. 2024 Home Attendance

• Record Low below 1,800,000
    • 1,800,000 to 1,999,000
    • 2,000,000 +
    • Record High 😂

Should have had 1.2-1.5 million and 1.5 to 1.8 million voting options.

It can get worse if the possibility of a new stadium disappears this summer…or the threat to move again comes to the forefront with the national and local press, as they have almost nothing else to write about until the trade deadline.

With all the perceived negative stuff, billion dollar subsidy ask, lousy team, lousy manager, lousy everything persona, and it’s only going to get worse, attendance will be low, between 850,000 and 900,000. The media having their knives out for Jerry certainly won’t help either. 

Depends how dynamic the pricing is.

Since it's introduction the Sox' version of "dynamic" has been essentially a one way street.  

I think the rise in labor costs have to be hurting any pipe dreams of Jerry deciding to offer cheap beer and cheap tickets to fill the park.  Hard to do that when southsiderz can't be bothered to show up and serve hot dogs for $25 per hour.

Edited by GREEDY

It was 1,669,628 last year, and that was with much higher expectations that the team would be good.  It will be even lower this year with everyone already knowing the team sucks and that they have a lame duck manager.  

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

It was 1,669,628 last year, and that was with much higher expectations that the team would be good.  It will be even lower this year with everyone already knowing the team sucks and that they have a lame duck manager.  

2024 attendance:

c7f5b0bd-1029-4928-8334-0ea3eacb0d64_GR-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1
  • Paper Bag 2

4 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't crack 1M. Even the most diehard among us will find better ways to spend their summer nights.

I'd be shocked if it's that low. That's 12,345 per game, which would be a 42% decrease. 

Usually the worst games at least draw about that, just off STHs alone. When you factor in giveaway dates that will still draw, they probably average 18k at a bare minimum. 

I called a die hard Sox fan last night to see his state of mind. I mean a DIE HARD fan. He got fired from his job for going to a Sox playoff game one year. His boss said you must work; he said (bleep) you.

Anyhow, he said he will go to no games. He has no interest in watching on TV or mlb.com. He said he's already looking forward to doing other things during the 3 hrs of a White Sox game. Unless somehow they win (this team is not gonna win) attendance will be ridiculously low.

• Fire 1

On 2/22/2024 at 12:15 PM, WBWSF said:

The attendance will start off bad at the beginning of the season. Then after the team starts winning the attendance will pickup. They might even draw over 2 million.

I hope you are right but they will be lucky to win 70 games.

On 2/22/2024 at 11:15 AM, WBWSF said:

The attendance will start off bad at the beginning of the season. Then after the team starts winning the attendance will pickup. They might even draw over 2 million.

I would love for somebody to briefly write me five reasons this Sox team will "start winning." What the Sox did in terms of roster this offseason is flat out pathetic. Thanks, Jerry and Co. for trying to improve this team. My gosh. I'd say the tank is on, which it is, but tanking is ridiculous in baseball. There are no Victor's out there who are can't miss in baseball.

• Fire 1

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I would love for somebody to briefly write me five reasons this Sox team will "start winning." What the Sox did in terms of roster this offseason is flat out pathetic. Thanks, Jerry and Co. for trying to improve this team. My gosh. I'd say the tank is on, which it is, but tanking is ridiculous in baseball. There are no Victor's out there who are can't miss in baseball.

The lineup of Benidenti, Moncada, Robert Jr, Eloy, Vaughn, Moncada and hopefully Montgomery  will lead the team to the playoffs. This lineup is going to score alot of runs. It will be an exciting team and White Sox fans will be dancing in the streets once they're in the playoffs.

6 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

The lineup of Benidenti, Moncada, Robert Jr, Eloy, Vaughn, Moncada and hopefully Montgomery  will lead the team to the playoffs. This lineup is going to score alot of runs. It will be an exciting team and White Sox fans will be dancing in the streets once they're in the playoffs.

That would be great if you were right. Our lineup last year looked just the same on paper. Of the six you listed, three are injury prone. Lot of strikeouts coming in that group. Then catcher, Lopez, the new inept hitting shortstop are automatic outs. Yikes.

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

That would be great if you were right. Our lineup last year looked just the same on paper. Of the six you listed, three are injury prone. Lot of strikeouts coming in that group. Then catcher, Lopez, the new inept hitting shortstop are automatic outs. Yikes.

All I can say is The White Sox are coming, tra la, tra la!!!!