2/23/24 Game Thread White Sox at Chicago N. L. 2:05PM CST; TV: NBCSCH, Radio: ESPN1000

I was happy 10 games would be broadcast this spring, but the past two hours have been hard to handle.

Relievers have been good, but the Sox sound to be overmatched by who ever the Cubs are inserting to pitch.

I wonder how Spring Training revenue is split between the home and away clubs. Sox play in Mesa three of the four games not counting the prospect game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

I was told that we would be treated to a better brand of baseball and only lose games 2-0 instead of 6-0.

Well, color me surprised!

Look at the box score bro. We have ZERO errors. The Cubs have infinitely more than us.

Now, who's really winning? The score says 8-1, but only one team is playing a good clean game.

• Paper Bag 2

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

But man, them introducing themselves to their teammates other morning must be such an incredible team builder.

"So we are going to go around the room, tell everyone your name and what is your favorite kind of music....Hi, I'm Paul and I like both kinds of music, Country and Western."

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, wegner said:

When we were dating, my better half attended several early season games with me. She hasn't been to one of those in over 20 years. But my son will come with me for a promise of a Cuban Comet sandwich, which I am happy to oblige.

That's the story of my Sox life as well.  Be there Opening Day getting the Cuban with the boys as we head down the LF line to the corner. 

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, Autumn Dreamin said:

Pretty sure he's in Mexico:

Thank you so much!!!

Need to figure out how to stream Tabasco games, could be more entertaining than White Sox baseball. Hope he can play well and perhaps get a call up at some point back to MLB to play for a contender and be a game changing threat on the bases or in the outfield late.

https://www.instagram.com/olmecastabasco/reel/C3l5VfNrzrn/

https://olmecastabasco.mx/boletin-de-prensa/el-correcaminos-hamilton-acuerda-para-la-temporada-2024-con-olmecas/

With the firm intention of having a team contending for the title in the 2024 season, the Tabasco board announces the arrival of the fast American patrol boat.

Now the hiring of one of the great sprinters of the time and base stealers in the big tent has been finalized.

• Love 1

32 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

They got me excited on the radio broadcast saying Billy Hamilton was in camp with Cincinnati, but there is no change in his free agent status.

This team has more than enough crappy over-the-hill vets that should be out of baseball entirely.

2 hours ago, JoshPR said:

Prospect or fringe guy? Big dude probably not good defensively 

Sorry, 6 pages back, so this was probably answered 5 times, already. Fringey. Strikes out a lot, so it's expected that Elko will get exposed as he plays higher up in the minors. But that was a nice dong. The flyout to right-center was loud, too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fathom said:

Stoney predicts they will win 10 more games this year….wow

That's not really unfathomable. Between replacing negative production with better than replacement, and the veterans regressing to the mean, they could scrape 72 wins. 

That was nice hustle by Colas. Maybe he's cured, and it was all the bad attitudes in the clubhouse, after all. 

God, Fletcher is short. Harry Chappas short. 

I would think that between 2 announcers, somebody could tell me who this guy without a name on his jersey is in the batter's box. 

Okay, I'm ready for DeJong's and Lopez's replacements to make them expendable. 

Jesse Chavez will tell his grandkids about this game. Tonight, he'll call them and tell them. 

I'm on the Bryan Ramos train. 

They should cut Gil Luna so they can just make him a roving instructor to teach all the pitchers in the organization that pick off move. 

Johan Dominguez should start opening day. 

• Haha 4
  • TLR 1

9 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

That was nice hustle by Colas. Maybe he's cured, and it was all the bad attitudes in the clubhouse, after all. 

I would think that between 2 announcers, somebody could tell me who this guy without a name on his jersey is in the batter's box. 

Jesse Chavez will tell his grandkids about this game. Tonight, he'll call them and tell them. 

They should cut Gil Luna so they can just make him a roving instructor to teach all the pitchers in the organization that pick off move. 

When people made the comparison to Eaton, I assumed he was the same height. Fletcher is 3 inches shorter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 2

9 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Colas' main problem is that horrific 44% chase rate. If you can fix that with a Grifol pep talk, LFG!

• Like 2
  • Fire 1