4/2: Sox vs. Braves @ 640CT - Crochet v. Reylo (weather permitting)

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Guy in front walks and then next guy swinging at first pitch and making an out is a White Sox tradition.

He should be swinging at that, you won’t get a better pitch to homer on

Just now, fathom said:

I still think it’s hilarious one of the reasons people said Burger was traded was there was nowhere for him to play.  Meanwhile, Vaughn gets a total meatball to hit and pounds it on the ground.

I absolutely agree the move to make was have Burger play 1B....he would've hit for power and played a better defensive 1B imo.

I really thought Vaughn would figure it out but damn he is frustrating to watch fail.

I've always liked Andrew Vaughn but he always 'seems' so pained and stressed in actual games. Do him a favor Sox and dump him. He needs a change of scenery. Some minor trade to get rid of him and do him a solid. Maybe he can hit in his next franchise. Poor AV. He seems likeable. Can't hit as a Sox.

Just now, greg775 said:

I've always liked Andrew Vaughn but he always 'seems' so pained and stressed in actual games. Do him a favor Sox and dump him. He needs a change of scenery. Some minor trade to get rid of him and do him a solid. Maybe he can hit in his next franchise. Poor AV. He seems likeable. Can't hit as a Sox.

He needs an aluminum bat

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, wegner said:

I absolutely agree the move to make was have Burger play 1B....he would've hit for power and played a better defensive 1B imo.

I really thought Vaughn would figure it out but damn he is frustrating to watch fail.

Out of college was Burger much less of a prospect?  They seemed to completely write him off yet hang their hat on Vaughn and Sheets as "prospects" they are so inept top to bottom.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I still think it’s hilarious one of the reasons people said Burger was traded was there was nowhere for him to play.  Meanwhile, Vaughn gets a total meatball to hit and pounds it on the ground.

I was telling someone at Easter yesterday that there is no doubt in my mind that we should have traded Vaughn over Burger.  Jake is a way better hitter given the power differential, a significantly better base runner, and likely a better defensive 1B if given a full time shot.  I have literally lost all faith in Andrew ever being an above average 1B.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Out of college was Burger much less of a prospect?  They seemed to completely write him off yet hang their hat on Vaughn and Sheets as "prospects" they are so inept top to bottom.

They traded away the only guy on the team that busted his ass every game....it was like one last middle finger to the fans from Kenny.

• Like 4

I know the weather sucks but he’s shutting out the best offense in baseball and making it look easy. If this guy stays healthy I don’t see why he couldn’t put up 2022 Cease numbers or even better with less innings (only because of the expected innings limitation).