Colas

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Just don't think we should give up on Vaughn or send him to AAA based on 12 games.

That's all.  He's already pretty much a sunk cost for this season anyway.

That said...it's doubtful the Sox have anyone other than Frank Thomas in the studio to fix him, either.

Ok but u didn't say banking on Vaughn hasn't exactly been a developmental win either.How many more MLB plate appearances does Vaughn have compared to Sheets ?

Vaughn's a top 5 pick in the draft and Sheets a 2nd round pick. Neither has distinguished themselves in any way. At this point I'll lean towards a hot hitter in a sea of bats with holes in them . No one's going all in on anybody , just leaning and happy to see some positive.

27 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Just don't think we should give up on Vaughn or send him to AAA based on 12 games.

That's all.  He's already pretty much a sunk cost for this season anyway.

That said...it's doubtful the Sox have anyone other than Frank Thomas in the studio to fix him, either.

Konerko has already tried

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol, yeah that 246 PA sample is surely enough to write him off for good! 

Your complete flip flop from hating every move the Sox make to now championing every move is quite comical.  

Maybr it's supposed to be funny ? Some people just have strange internet personalities. It might be his way of protesting how much he despises the Sox now.🤷‍♂️

Let him “try to figure it out in AAA” and get the extra year of control in the process. He hasn’t been good enough of a player to where we’re really worried about that though. Dude’s closer to non-tender candidate status.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Maybr it's supposed to be funny ? Some people just have strange internet personalities. It might be his way of protesting how much he despises the Sox now.🤷‍♂️

Chisox59 is right. Harold actually loves any move they make now just because Getz is the GM.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Let him “try to figure it out in AAA” and get the extra year of control in the process. He hasn’t been good enough of a player to where we’re really worried about that though. Dude’s closer to non-tender candidate status.

I mean, when's he arb eligible, again?

Could be an extra year of league minimum, at least. Jerry would appreciate that, so that makes it more likely.

22 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ok .If that's the case it's not very independent thinking.Why be an echo chamber for Getz ?

Because Chris Getz' record as the Director of Player Development speaks for itself! Look at all the ripe talent his system produced!

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Because Chris Getz' record as the Director of Player Development speaks for itself! Look at all the ripe talent his system produced!

Except for the ones who weren't his fault, which is a perfect Venn overlap of all who failed.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Except for the ones who weren't his fault, which is a perfect Venn overlap of all who failed.

And then there's the ones who succeeded because they covered their ears and went, "la-la-la" when Sox coaches tried to coach them, and then they watched YouTube videos and became Luis Robert. 

• Paper Bag 1

39 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

And then there's the ones who succeeded because they covered their ears and went, "la-la-la" when Sox coaches tried to coach them, and then they watched YouTube videos and became Luis Robert. 

Who are all these successes you refer to?  I’m not even trying to be a dick here, but curious who you feel are prospects who exceeded expectations after being brought into the organization and actually played in the minors under Getz.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Who are all these successes you refer to?  I’m not even trying to be a dick here, but curious who you feel are prospects who exceeded expectations after being brought into the organization and actually played in the minors under Getz.

I've already done this. Why does it have to be "prospects who exceeded expectations"? Anybody who came through the minor league system was "developed". Luis Robert had to be taught some strike zone judgement. Yoan had to get some aggressiveness. I'm not sure why that's such a hard swallow for everyone. I get it. Everyone hates Getz. That doesn't mean he had no hand in running a system that major league players came through. 

2 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

I've already done this. Why does it have to be "prospects who exceeded expectations"? Anybody who came through the minor league system was "developed". Luis Robert had to be taught some strike zone judgement. Yoan had to get some aggressiveness. I'm not sure why that's such a hard swallow for everyone. I get it. Everyone hates Getz. That doesn't mean he had no hand in running a system that major league players came through. 

Every farm system eventually produces major leaguer to some extent, so not sure why that’s the barometer for good vs. bad.  The reality is a good player development staff is getting the most out of its players and the easiest way to tell that if that’s happening is when there is a constant pipeline of prospects who meet or exceed expectations.  I think 95% of Sox fans would agree that the vast majority of prospects under Getz performed below expectations.  Getz should not get credit because he was given the #1 farm system in baseball and those top blue chip prospects simply made the pros.  I just don’t know what you see in his resume to suggest he was even a mediocre farm director.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Every farm system eventually produces major leaguer to some extent, so not sure why that’s the barometer for good vs. bad.  The reality is a good player development staff is getting the most out of its players and the easiest way to tell that if that’s happening is when there is a constant pipeline of prospects who meet or exceed expectations.  I think 95% of Sox fans would agree that the vast majority of prospects under Getz performed below expectations.  Getz should not get credit because he was given the #1 farm system in baseball and those top blue chip prospects simply made the pros.  I just don’t know what you see in his resume to suggest he was even a mediocre farm director.

Tell me, did the director of player development make the decisions to rush players, putting college starters in the bullpen, first basemen in the outfield? Did the director of player development make the decision to punt on draft rounds 3-10 in order to pull money to catch a high school kid in the 30th round? Did the director of player development trade guys like Fernando Tatis Jr, and such? 

This is such a stupid conversation. Please, anybody, give the name of one single prospect put into our minor league system who should have been a tip-in, and Chris Getz personally screwed up their development. I will wait for the answer. For a long, long time. 

Seriously. Type the name of one can't miss prospect who was screwed up by Getz's system. Type the name of one promising prospect who wasn't brought along properly. ONE. TYPE ONE NAME. 

• Paper Bag 2

24 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

and really, if Ford put out 4 million vehicles, it would be really stupid to say that the production manager doesn't get to take credit for those vehicles, because that's what he's supposed to do. 

I'm not even defending Chris Getz. I'm defending logic and sanity. You know who came through the system under Getz, and it's relatively easy to find out how involved he and the system he put in place were in their development. It's disingenuous to cloud the waters with BS, then challenge anybody who pushes back on the thick BS to name names, then pretend that Luis Robert went to the Mets, and they developed him on the sly. Or some other BS. 

Yours is an illogical argument. It's incumbent upon you to prove how every single player who came through the Sox' system from 2017 to 2020 did so despite all of the coaches thrashing about on the ground in convulsions of failure.

• Paper Bag 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think 95% of Sox fans would agree that the vast majority of prospects under Getz performed below expectations.

Because the vast majority of Sox fans who consume social media are spoon fed vomit. It's been over an hour. Where is this list of dynamite prospects that were failed under Getz. I'm waiting. .....

• Paper Bag 1

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Just as I figured. You can't name a single prospect who should have been developed, but wasn't. Maybe you should call the baseball police. Something's amiss. LOL. 

• TLR 1
  • Paper Bag 2

7 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Just as I figured. You can't name a single prospect who should have been developed, but wasn't. Maybe you should call the baseball police. Something's amiss. LOL. 

I'll keep posting this god damn list

On 3/14/2024 at 11:40 AM, Quin said:

Let me brush off my We Didn't Start The Fire keyboard. I'm going year-by-year down, so this will seem like a strange order.

• Yoan Moncada - Below expectations, but an above average major leaguer when healthy
  • Lucas Giolito - Good
  • Michael Kopech - Failure
  • Reynaldo Lopez - Failure. EDIT: As a starter
  • Carson Fulmer - Failure
  • Zack Collins - Failure
  • Zack Burdi - Failure
  • Luis Basabe - Failure
  • Alec Hansen - Disastrous failure
  • Dane Dunning - Good
  • Spencer Adams - Failure
  • Micker Adolfo - Failure
  • Eloy Jimenez - Failure
  • Luis Robert - Good
  • Dylan Cease - Good
  • Blake Rutherford - Failure
  • Jake Burger - Good
  • Ian Clarkin - Failure
  • Luis Gonzalez - Failure
  • Nick Madrigal - Failure
  • Bryce Bush - Failure
  • DJ Gladney - Failure
  • Jonathan Stiever - Failure
  • Matthew Thompson - Failure
  • Andrew Dalquist - Failure
  • Jimmy Lambert - Failure
  • James Beard - Failure
  • Benyamin Bailey - Failure
  • Codi Heuer - Good
  • Jared Kelly - TBD, but so far, failure
  • Yoelqui Cespedes - Failure
  • Norge Vera - TBD, but so far, failure
  • Seby Zavala - Good for what he was
  • Gavin Sheets - For what he is, good
  • Andrew Vaughn - 50/50, not looking good
  • Bryan Ramos - Looking positive
  • Lenyn Sosa - I like him, but others don't
  • Oscar Colas - Pedro hates him
  • Carlos Perez - Failure at this point due to defense
  • Jose Rodriguez - TBD, but if he were further along he'd be knocking on the 2B door
  • Colson Montgomery - May be the crown jewel
  • Wes Kath - Failure
  • Romy Gonzalez - Good
  • Sean Burke - TBD, not looking good

At this point, it's not worth highlighting anymore because they're all TBDs.

Obviously no one would have a 100% hit rate, but unless the prospect had otherwordly talent (Robert, Moncada, Cease, etc.) or drive (Burger), Getz did damn near nothing with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, WestEddy said:

LMAO you would think the White Sox were the Dodgers by this argument. FAIL

• Like 2

If you are saying “where is the list of dynamite prospects that failed” aren’t you tacitly admitting that there was no development done, period.  We have nothing here.  The cupboard is empty, the man who used to curate the cupboard is now in charge.  Yay let’s eat, right 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

NoT eVeN oNe!!!

And because this was using Top 30 lists to help, I forgot to add in the relief prospects like Zach Thompson (who eventually found his way to the majors with Toronto), Tyler Johnson (died upon reaching Charlotte) or Bennett Sousa.

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

And because this was using Top 30 lists to help, I forgot to add in the relief prospects like Zach Thompson (who eventually found his way to the majors with Toronto), Tyler Johnson (died upon reaching Charlotte) or Bennett Sousa.

I can’t be the only one who googled Tyler Johnson thinking “wait, he died?”

• Haha 2