4/14 Reds @ Sox 1:10

38 minutes ago, TitoMB345 said:

how many toilet references did he make?

I don't think they showed him...who do I complain to? Or maybe thank?

24 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Meanwhile, the other team in town picks up a 1B who the Dodgers had no room for and he is absolutely tearing it up.

I really don't have the energy to give a crap about what the Cubbies are doing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

When apathy and the weight of losing piles on, it can absolutely get worse. 

Coaches that say things like "eventually it's going to have to turn around" are coaches that have ZERO answers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, wegner said:

I made a deal with my better half of pizza once a month.....so if you ever need any help with that tavern style :cool:

lol!  Good tavern style pizza is something I couldn’t give up.  I applaud your conviction though man.  You are a lot strong than I am.

10 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

-Signed, guys with no idea how to fix the problem. It is ok, Thames....there are no answers with this AAA lineup.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

lol!  Good tavern style pizza is something I couldn’t give up.  I applaud your conviction though man.  You are a lot strong than I am.

She's trying to get me to eat healthier, God bless her....but honestly how many more years am I supposed to have to watch White Sox baseball??

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s amazing what happens when you sign a bunch of guys who showed clear signs they couldn’t hit major league pitching anymore 

This is my reminder that, unlike his approach to trading Cease, Getz blew his load on adding guys like DeJong and Maldonado

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Quin said:

This is my reminder that, unlike his approach to trading Cease, Getz blew his load on adding guys like DeJong and Maldonado

DeJong Maldonado Lopez Fedde Flexen and Soroka are disaster signings and Getz should be fired for those acquisitions. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pcq said:

DeJong Maldonado Lopez Fedde Flexen and Soroka are disaster signings and Getz should be fired for those acquisitions. 

Eh, to be fair, Lopez and Soroka are decent buy-low fliers that were included with Bummer.

The rest, however...

1 hour ago, pcq said:

Getz is the "guy" managing the paperwork. Somebody on the "next floor up" told Getz to sign a bunch of guys but don't spend a lot of money on them. I got to assume Getz has at least a 3 year contract so he ain't being fired for doing what a higher up told him to do.

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

The holdovers:

Robert- hurt

Moncada- hurt

Eloy- hurt

Benintendi- abomination

Vaughn- horrible

Lee- bad

Sosa- bad

Remillard- useless

Sheets- good 

Crochet- awesome (in a new role)

Kopech- good (in a new role)

Banks- meh

Leasure - good 

6 hours ago, wegner said:

I made a deal with my better half of pizza once a month.....so if you ever need any help with that tavern style :cool:

You’re telling me you’re half a pizza?!?

6 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Three more errors today...defense right? 😆

Like I posted a few days ago, guys have got to be thinking, "Get me the hell out of this garbage dump!"

Another two weeks and you'll start seeing these guys not even trying anymore. 

They’ve got to try, if they want to continue playing in the major leagues. These guys are basically at the bottom rung at this point.

5 hours ago, Paulie4Pres said:

When apathy and the weight of losing piles on, it can absolutely get worse. 

Coaches that say things like "eventually it's going to have to turn around" are coaches that have ZERO answers.

I'll provide some answers for him.  He was charged with  coming in and increasing the fly ball rate and it's not working for a bunch of singles (at best) hitters.  Everybody's in deep [stuff].  

4 hours ago, 4OCS said:

They’ve got to try, if they want to continue playing in the major leagues. These guys are basically at the bottom rung at this point.

Most of these guys have already had their careers and made their money.... They can literally ride off into the sunset after this season.