Anderson speaks...

Lip Man 1

24 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

“We understood that”?  Who is “we”?  I’m sure his wife didn’t want him to knock up another woman, so who is he referring to other than himself?  🤣

It should be “I”, not “we”.  What a weak statement.  He still can’t own up to his own decisions.

This was always weird and creepy as f*** to me. Why do you care who he's having sex with? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

I saw a clip of him the other day beating out a little roller to 3B. His sprint speed to first was a little over 30 feet a second. The announcer said he can still fly "when he wants to". I'm glad his legs apparently are healthy, but he doesn't appear to be aging well. What happened to the power. He looks as strong as ever.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

This was always weird and creepy as f*** to me. Why do you care who he's having sex with? 

Yeah, that was the point I was making.  🙄

He said that lot of his off the field decisions kind of interrupted a lot of things.  He then says, “we” understood that.  Who is “we”?  It’s like he’s trying to share the blame with others rather than owning up to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I saw a clip of him the other day beating out a little roller to 3B. His sprint speed to first was a little over 30 feet a second. The announcer said he can still fly "when he wants to". I'm glad his legs apparently are healthy, but he doesn't appear to be aging well. What happened to the power. He looks as strong as ever.

If he made it to first without injury, that's an improvement over at least 33% of our lineup.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/2024/04/19/chicago-white-sox-tim-anderson-miami-marlins/

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/tim-anderson-chicago-marlins-white-sox/

"A lot of my decisions as well, you know, off the field kind of interrupted things as well. We understood that, and it's hard to win when you don't have the right guys to go out and compete – you know what I mean? And you want to win," Anderson said. "The last year that I spent there was tough, and you know, to finally be able to make it through again on the other side, you know, I'm happy, in a great place, you know, my smile's back – and I'm back on my dream."

Miami manager Skip Schumaker said everything he was told about Anderson has been “spot on.”

“There’s people that you trust in the baseball world, and they were exactly right on his work ethic, how he impacts his teammates,” Schumaker said. “He’s been out for early work. He’s been on an early bus. He’s been the first guy in the clubhouse at home. ... It’s been great.”

4 hours ago, Quin said:

I have horrible news if people think athlete infidelity is a sin.

Which, also, let's add the rest of these quotes.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2896475

I’d say he answered it well enough. He took some blame for himself and admitted the team wasn’t put together to win.

I’m happy to move past his time on the team and all the other players that were put together.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

This says a lot. Just let the auto play run and look at his various metrics. https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/tim-anderson-641313?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb

29 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yeah, that was the point I was making.  🙄

He said that lot of his off the field decisions kind of interrupted a lot of things.  He then says, “we” understood that.  Who is “we”?  It’s like he’s trying to share the blame with others rather than owning up to it.

I don't know how you interpret that quote that way unless you're actively trying to interpret it that way.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1

Has there ever been a player like TA lose so much earning power in one year (at his young age)? This guy is making 1 mill this year? When TA was at his highest you'd have thought he'd get one of those Eloy deals. And from 8 mill to 1 mill this year? Wow. ... And how come in this age of lift and pull it's impossible for him to hit a HR?

I just studied his career stats and wowsie, was this guy overhyped or what? 

Edited by greg775
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Has there ever been a player like TA lose so much earning power in one year (at his young age)? This guy is making 1 mill this year? When TA was at his highest you'd have thought he'd get one of those Eloy deals. And from 8 mill to 1 mill this year? Wow. ... And how come in this age of lift and pull it's impossible for him to hit a HR?

Juan Gonzalez 

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

Tim was into the macho thing. He should have been into developing as a major league player. He had the talent, no doubt. Make the routine plays and the great plays will take care of themselves. What a waste.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 1:23 PM, WhiteSox2023 said:

“We understood that”?  Who is “we”?  I’m sure his wife didn’t want him to knock up another woman, so who is he referring to other than himself?  🤣

It should be “I”, not “we”.  What a weak statement.  He still can’t own up to his own decisions.

This is his most interesting quote IMO...."I mean, I'm still the same person. I'm learning a lot more now," he said. "I'm sharpening up tools a lot more.

Is he alluding to the Sox not being able to develop or instruct him how to field and become a complete ballplayer.  Time will tell how much he sharpened his tools by his error count at the end of the year. Tim isn't the sharpest tool in the shed so I'm skeptical about how much he learned at Miami.

Edited by A-Train to 35th
sp.