"It's going to take time"

5 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

We knew this all winter long with all the bizarre signing of castoffs and never were’s, I kept posting and asking what is the game plan. What a screwed up organization and guess what, Getz is GM because no good or smart baseball person with half a brain would want the GM job under Reinsdork. 

I think the gameplan was pretty apparent. Sign the has-beens to take up some space while you wait for your younger talent to develop and hope 1 or 2 of those hasbeens can be flipped at the deadline for literally anything. There was no intention to compete this year, and that's not really on Getz. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Buddy hate to be the bearer of bad news but you better understand that towel was thrown in last August 

Generally, I think throwing in the towel in any sport is bad business and poor sportsmanship. Sox can win some of the close games they have been losing. They have to make adjustments and keep trying, not throw in the towel.  As long as they go out and battle, I will support the team. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, tray said:

Generally, I think throwing in the towel in any sport is bad business and poor sportsmanship. Sox can win some of the close games they have been losing. They have to make adjustments and keep trying, not throw in the towel.  As long as they go out and battle, I will support the team. 

The front office ain't trying unfortunately. Not for results in the W-L columns in the 2024 season anyway.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tray said:

I agree with you that this type of tanking is bad for business, and I wish they would do things you want them to do like trying to upgrade this team.  I just know that the overall talent level is pretty low and i don’t see that changing any time soon, and that will eventually cause these 2-1 losses to get a bit uglier when it warms up 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I agree with you that this type of tanking is bad for business, and I wish they would do things you want them to do like trying to upgrade this team.  I just know that the overall talent level is pretty low and i don’t see that changing any time soon, and that will eventually cause these 2-1 losses to get a bit uglier when it warms up 

I think the idea that this "tank" is intentional is laughable.  This is a horrible organization for talent, probably the worst in baseball from top to bottom.  All of this process is doing is buying time until we can get some talent to Chicago.  Right now, this team could have been the biggest spenders in all of baseball in free agency and still not sniffed .500. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, palehose1 said:

When it was season ticket renewal time in the fall last year the communication was "we are not going through another rebuild". I was one of the suckers who renewed.

Do you have good seats? I might want to come to a game this summer.

16 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I think the idea that this "tank" is intentional is laughable.  This is a horrible organization for talent, probably the worst in baseball from top to bottom.  All of this process is doing is buying time until we can get some talent to Chicago.  Right now, this team could have been the biggest spenders in all of baseball in free agency and still not sniffed .500. 

South ... do you guys now finally agree with greg that the start of the tank (during the Sale days when we dumped him) was one, horrific idea? Back then there was so much excitement about tanking. Greg was one of only a few to be appalled by the tank.

• TLR 1

1 hour ago, Highland said:

Fans aren't going to buy tickets to eat ice cream.

But will they buy tickets to gorge on pre game corned beef sandwiches, a mid game hot dog and/or pizza? With a beer or 2? Yumm.

12 minutes ago, greg775 said:

South ... do you guys now finally agree with greg that the start of the tank (during the Sale days when we dumped him) was one, horrific idea? Back then there was so much excitement about tanking. Greg was one of only a few to be appalled by the tank.

No the idea they needed to tank/rebuild was completely valid because with ownership and the front office they weren't winning s%*# with five good players and the rest AAAA fodder. Bringing in a bunch of young talent at least changed the dynamic and offered some possibility of better days (and they did win a division let's not forget).

The issue wasn't the idea... it was the owner and the front office who refused to go the distance like the Astros and Cubs did. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Still quite the opposite.  In MLB, be untalented, or undertalented is about the worst possible position.  I would rather suffer and accumulate talent, versus suffer and not have anything to show for it.

29 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Still quite the opposite.  In MLB, be untalented, or undertalented is about the worst possible position.  I would rather suffer and accumulate talent, versus suffer and not have anything to show for it.

These new draft rules may insure the latter.

4 hours ago, PaleAleSox said:

There was no intention to compete this year, and that's not really on Getz. 

What IS on Getz is bullshitting us all and trying to sell any modicum of a message that they'd be competitive this year.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tray said:

The Sox are losing a lot of 9 inning games by one or two runs and losing some in extra innings. Management can either throw in the towel and tank the team for years by trading premium talent for prospects OR find a way to improve the team so that they can get over the hump and win many of those close games. I would pursue the latter course because the Sox have a few hitters who will start hitting and they have improved the depth of the pitching staff which will serve them as the season moves on. It isn't even baseball weather yet.

You sir, are quite frankly fucking delusional.  Did you eat paint chips as a child?

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, tray said:

Then you should hate Reinsdorf and Getz, cuz this was already decided upon last August just like @Kyyle23 said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, JoeC said:

What IS on Getz is bullshitting us all and trying to sell any modicum of a message that they'd be competitive this year.

This, we all knew this was a horrible team before the the first pitch was thrown.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tray said:

This way of thinking is what got Apollo Creed killed.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, tray said:

25 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

This way of thinking is what got Apollo Creed killed.

30.jpg?1607416283

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, shoeless_joe21 said:

The year is 2097.

The White Sox have just traded fan favorite Jake Burger IV for top prospect Glorbatron the Destroyer. It is hailed as the final piece of the rebuild.

Team owner Jerry Reinsdorf seems reinvigorated.

Jake Burger IV will have to be like, 19-20 in this scenario, so he's got just as much uncertainty as Glorbatron the Destroyer.

You're telling me you're passing up The Destroyer for Burger #4?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeC said:

I deluded myself into thinking this team would be better than it was last year. I thought the hitting couldn't possibly get any worse and that the pitching/defense could actually impress. I thought Benintendi might bounce back and Vaughn would finally show something. Boy was I wrong. I don't necessarily blame Getz for that, I can only blame myself.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tray said:

This team hasn't scored a single run in seven of its first 19 games, which is a record you don't particularly want to hold. They were designed to be bad dating back to post deadline but are taking it to the extreme this season.