4/22: Sox @ Twins - 640CT - Cannon v. Paddack

Let's fu*k around and find some wins in Minneapolis this week.  The Twins are sucking right now as well, so may as well kick them a bit while they're down.  We all know the more likely scenario is a 4 game sweep turns the Twins season around, but hey - I'd love to not see that happen.  

I will be in attendance tonight and just gave Crochet knucks in the skyway, so hey, go Sox. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Let's fu*k around a find some wins in Minneapolis this week.  The Twins are sucking right now as well, so may as well kick them a bit while they're down.  We all know the more likely scenario is a 4 game sweep turns the Twins season around, but hey - I'd love to not see that happen.  

I will be in attendance tonight and just gave Crochet knucks in the skyway, so hey, go Sox. 

That's the coolest thing about Minnesota. There's really nothing to do during the day other than walk around the skyway, and you keep running into players. 

5 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

That's the coolest thing about Minnesota. There's really nothing to do during the day other than walk around the skyway, and you keep running into players. 

I can't say I agree about nothing to do in Minneapolis but walk through the skyway (I just happen to work in dtown MPLS), but it definitely is nice when Sox are in town because its fairly easy to run into players in the skyway. 

• Like 1

• Capn12 pinned this topic
51 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Need him to pitch today I guess

Yep, 100% this. It'd be the other way around, had Cannon just pitched. I'm sure Nastrini will be on the Charlotte/Chicago Express this season.

7 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Yep, 100% this. It'd be the other way around, had Cannon just pitched. I'm sure Nastrini will be on the Charlotte/Chicago Express this season.

Yeah, and maybe they will try to by time with another bullpen day that spot’s next time through the rotation (if Clevinger isn’t ready for a call up by then).

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Mall of America.  No sales tax on clothing or shoes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Mall of America is definitely a sad shell of its former self.

We went there in 2018.

Downtown is really pretty decent...but it starts to feel a bit ominous at night if you have your wife and three year old along.  That was the first time I really noticed everything locked up in all the pharmacies after years spent abroad...and the Target store downtown was trending in the wrong way.

Weekend day games there are nice though.

Never forget the jewelry attendant pulling a necklace away from Chinese wife's hands acting like she was going to steal it from him and run away lol.

(Don't get me started on SF in 2019.)

Edited by caulfield12
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Rusty said:

It’s very likely that Nastrini doesn’t even leave Chicago.  He’ll be back up in a matter of days.

Isn't there a specific amount of time required before he can be called back up unless filling in for an injury? Pretty sure they have to wait more than a few days.

15 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Isn't there a specific amount of time required before he can be called back up unless filling in for an injury? Pretty sure they have to wait more than a few days.

I’m sure Eloy will be back on the IL in that timeframe.

Edited by Milkman delivers
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Someone said recently a player can be optioned 5 times max.

20 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Mall of America is definitely a sad shell of its former self.

We went there in 2018.

Downtown is really pretty decent...but it starts to feel a bit ominous at night if you have your wife and three year old along.  That was the first time I really noticed everything locked up in all the pharmacies after years spent abroad...and the Target store downtown was trending in the wrong way.

Weekend day games there are nice though.

Never forget the jewelry attendant pulling a necklace away from Chinese wife's hands acting like she was going to steal it from him and run away lol.

(Don't get me started on SF in 2019.)

Being a white dude in America, I feel compelled to say, "I'm sorry you go through that." I haven't been since 2001. Work meetings.

• Haha 1