4/26- Rays at Sox, 6:40, AppleTV

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Lowest attendance for a Friday night since the mid to late 1980s.

On TV it looked like there were about 5,000 people there 😆

• Like 2

Wow. Well I will say in a week we have improved our club with Pham and Mendick. Both suddenly seem as important to the Sox as Ruth and Gehrig to the Yanks bak in the day. Folks I am confident we can win about 40 games this season with an offense that may get a little better. Still not out of the 30s yet but 40 wins is possible.

Pham baby. Like I said Wham, slam, thank you Pham!

6 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Slow horses is so freaking good. Just getting to season 3. 

I convinced my wife that we should watch it and she said it took her a couple of episodes to get a feel for it but then she loved it to. 

Jackson Lamb is a great character.

10 hours ago, cuban_sammiches said:

Masters of the Air, Sugar and my wife made me watch The New Look

My last subscription ended before any of those were on. I know you watched initially under duress but did you enjoy The New Look.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wegner said:

My last subscription ended before any of those were on. I know you watched initially under duress but did you enjoy The New Look.

It's an interesting history to say the least.

Certainly provides more of an appreciation for the compromises made by the great French and Spanish fashion houses during WW2.

Binoche and Mendelson are both standouts.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Green Line said:

He’ll be playing every day for the next two weeks now.  I’m livid.

Good.  His job is to help these young pitchers develop and that is WAY more important to the future of this organization than his slash line or what some twitter account says about his fRaMiNg.  Good lord

• Like 1
  • TLR 2

7 minutes ago, Texsox said:

They will be amazing by summer. 

I went to look for the wild card standings and saw just how horrific the Sox are currently on the road.....they are 1-13 away from Chicago. That is a pace to win 6 games on the road all season. Great googly moogly.

Sorry for the negativity there....one could argue at this moment the Sox are one of the hottest teams in baseball after that epic win last night.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It's an interesting history to say the least.

Certainly provides more of an appreciation for the compromises made by the great French and Spanish fashion houses during WW2.

Binoche and Mendelson are both standouts.

That is initially why I was going to maybe try it....the cast looked very good.

45 minutes ago, wegner said:

I went to look for the wild card standings and saw just how horrific the Sox are currently on the road.....they are 1-13 away from Chicago. That is a pace to win 6 games on the road all season. Great googly moogly.

Sorry for the negativity there....one could argue at this moment the Sox are one of the hottest teams in baseball after that epic win last night.

And there is ONE person who might...

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

Apple TV is absolutely brutal.  Nothing but pixelation and freezing issues throughout the inning I watched and when I tried to come back and watch later.  We have a hard wired cable connection and I checked we had an extremely high download rate so it isn’t even like I can blame WiFi issues.  I watched one inning and I was done 

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Nothing but pixelation and freezing issues throughout the inning I watched

Are you sure you weren’t just watching Andrew Vaughn running in real time?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Snopek said:

Are you sure you weren’t just watching Andrew Vaughn running in real time?

It’s possible but I can’t use that excuse for the rest of them 

5 hours ago, wegner said:

Yes I did. Ben Mendelsohn is a great actor! I'm not a fashion guy but it was interesting from a historical perspective of French collaboration/resistance during WW II and the origination of companies we recognize today (Dior, Chanel, Burciaga). Coco Chanel was a interesting- collaborator, possible secret agent and was eventually able to resurrect her brand. Christian Dior's sister was a member of the French Resistance and sent to a concentration camp. Overall, worth a watch for me.

• Thanks 1

I only caught the first 6 innings last night before I left to go watch the Twolves smack around the Suns with buddies, but I enjoyed Apple TV broadcast. They have cool camera angles and outside of the on field reporter, the announcers were solid and seemed to have decent knowledge of the 3-22 white sox. Honestly, better than listening to Schriffen try to get us excited over a fly out that doesn’t make it to the warning track.