4 hours ago4 hr 6 hours ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:I will never understand going to Hudson, he's been trash for a while now, why use him? Might as well put Brazoban in tooBrazoban isn’t on the playoff roster.
3 hours ago3 hr I know that no one expected the Sox to be where they are, and I am truly happy that they have had such a great season. But, damn, I need them to beat Cleveland...tonight. If the series goes back to Cleveland, the Guardians will have all the momentum. Beat them tonight, then go to Tampa and play your asses off. Let what happens happen.
3 hours ago3 hr Went to the game yesterday THE GOOD:*The atmosphere and the crowd was electric. No one sat for the 1st 2 innings.*Kudos to the people there because no one really left even when we all knew the Guardians had this game.*Noah Schultz and Newcomb were pretty good.THE BAD:*I have no idea who the dude that threw out the 1st pitch was*Poor job of the intro, they needed to bring back the old intro finished by thunder struck.*The game itself and our approach pitching and hitting sucked.That's ok we get another shot today!!Let's Fucking Go!!
2 hours ago2 hr There was clearly a scheduling thing with the first pitch, right? Somebody couldn’t make it and they had to scramble last minute.
2 hours ago2 hr Author 1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:There was clearly a scheduling thing with the first pitch, right? Somebody couldn’t make it and they had to scramble last minute.I mean at worst you grab Ozzie out of the booth and send him down there.
2 hours ago2 hr I think they wanted to avoid using Hagen. Starting Hagen is good for clean inning and I think we see Kay again on a very short leash.Using Hudson over Schultz was an awful result in hindsight
2 hours ago2 hr 11 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:I think they wanted to avoid using Hagen. Starting Hagen is good for clean inning and I think we see Kay again on a very short leash.Using Hudson over Schultz was an awful result in hindsightWhy couldn't we have the 9/1-9/17 version of Hudson (8IP, 6K, 0ER) instead of the 9/18-9/26 version (17 batters faced, 8ER, 0K)
1 hour ago1 hr When Hudson went in, I got a really bad feeling. That was definitely Venable's worst call of the postseason. What on earth are we going to do with Davis Martin if we get to the next series? Would it make sense to just shut him down and get him ready for next year?
1 hour ago1 hr 12 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:When Hudson went in, I got a really bad feeling. That was definitely Venable's worst call of the postseason.What on earth are we going to do with Davis Martin if we get to the next series? Would it make sense to just shut him down and get him ready for next year?Who knows.Honestly this series is the World Series to me. Beat Cleveland, make the ALCS. After that, I won't be hurt by any result.
1 hour ago1 hr 1 hour ago, 2Deep said:Went to the game yesterdayTHE GOOD:*The atmosphere and the crowd was electric. No one sat for the 1st 2 innings.*Kudos to the people there because no one really left even when we all knew the Guardians had this game.*Noah Schultz and Newcomb were pretty good.THE BAD:*I have no idea who the dude that threw out the 1st pitch was*Poor job of the intro, they needed to bring back the old intro finished by thunder struck.*The game itself and our approach pitching and hitting sucked.That's ok we get another shot today!!Let's Fucking Go!!I agree with everything you said. We even were waiting for the “real” first pitch. Thinking that guy was some contest winner or something. lol. Same thing with that “sizzle” video. Lame. I was sure I was going to hear the old Pirates of the Caribbean music and they would update that.
1 hour ago1 hr 14 minutes ago, oldsox said:Gotta slow down the Ramirez train.THIS. him and Adell are the only guys good enough to really hurt you and they both did last night. Attack them the way they did in game 1 and this series is ovah.
59 minutes ago59 min That third inning felt like such a kick in the balls..- Hudson 7 of his first 8 pitches were balls- 2 blown ABS challenges I honestly feel that if Hudson locks in Cleveland never comes back.
43 minutes ago43 min I can write Lip’s “This Day in Sox History” today.Oct. 8, 1983-Tito Fucking LandrumOct. 8, 1993-Sox beat Toronto 6-1 in game 3 of the ALCS. I was so drunk until a couple of years ago I thought we won 8-1.
41 minutes ago41 min 10 hours ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:I agree, would've gone with Fedde. Hope we get great Hagen, no walks. You limit the walks vs Cleveland, then you make that anemic offense strings hits and that limits their run production. 10 walks given up doesn't win you many games. I think Sox pitching will be much better and hopefully the Sox offense stops chasing fastballs eyes highIf hagen gets through an inning or two at least Fedde doesn't walk that many. 3 games vs Guardians 10.1 innings, 3 ER and 4 BB
41 minutes ago41 min 23 minutes ago, Green Line said:Probably gonna be a blowout tonightCompletely agree. 7-1 Sox!
31 minutes ago31 min 33 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:Anyone going tonight need a lot B parking pass?I would love one. I will be there.
21 minutes ago21 min I was at the game yesterday and it was a tough one. Started off great and the crowd was amped up, but Cleveland stole a lot of the energy by the end. While there were some truly atrocious at-bats amongst the 19 K’s, it’s clear the guys were also trying to do too much. I think the lineup might have been a little too amped for their first home game. I think playing down and some bad batted ball luck didn’t help matters either. I believe we see a better performance from the hitters tonight. They are a resilient group who has rose to the challenge over & over again throughout both the regular and post season.Pitching remains the wild card. Yesterday was brutal in many aspects and a sign of the challenges we face moving forward. Can’t just rely on your best arms all the time or they will tire out and the ones not used will be rusty. It’s a predicament not easily solved. What I do know is this. You got to find a way to win this game tonight without using Burke. While the odds of us beating the Rays are low, they are much better if we can throw Burke game #1 and make sure we get two starts out of him next series. Lose tonight and he becomes a critical piece of a do or die game #5 in Cleveland. Let’s avoid that all costs.
11 minutes ago11 min Was supposed to leave Florida on Saturday but the hurricane is complicating things. Looks like I might be hitting the road later today and listening to Len and DJ.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.