2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

Something I found interesting and completely unimportant....

Facebook has a "This or That" type polls that are going around. Mac vs. PC, Friday vs. Saturday, etc.

Well I saw a "Cubs or Sox" one, and to my surprise, the Sox had 15.7K votes to the Cubs 13.2K. Thought it was interesting that of almost 30,000 votes, I was shocked the Sox would hold anything over 40%, let alone about 54% of the votes.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 05:51 PM)
Something I found interesting and completely unimportant....

Facebook has a "This or That" type polls that are going around. Mac vs. PC, Friday vs. Saturday, etc.

Well I saw a "Cubs or Sox" one, and to my surprise, the Sox had 15.7K votes to the Cubs 13.2K. Thought it was interesting that of almost 30,000 votes, I was shocked the Sox would hold anything over 40%, let alone about 54% of the votes.

I saw that.

I'm guessing one of two things: either the cubs fans are super-apathetic about this year (all my friends are, anyway) or the group it's propagating through are mostly south siders. Either way, I bet that changes in, say, June when the Bulls/B-hawks go away and the Cubs fans turn their attention to baseball.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 10:28 AM)
Bah! I'm moving to Jefferson City, MO in a week and was going to sneak over to KC on the 6th for the game. It will be my first trip to Kauffman (always thought it looked like a great park on tv, heard great things about the environment as well). I was hoping the cards would fall such that I would get to see one of our 'real' starters. Oh well, probably the only game I'll get to go to so make the most of it! :headbang

Why you heading out to Jeff City? CoMo is just 20 minutes away. See some Mizzou Tiger athletics!

OzzieGuillen: Ken rosenthal thanks a lot for pick me #2 on the hot seat last year a was# one

OzzieGuillen: And I thought we friends lol friends like you no need enemies buddy lol

OzzieGuillen: if I get fired iam coming after your job. with fox yessssssssssssss

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 10:54 PM)
What's with the WHITE SOX RESIGN DEXTER CARTER thread? Have the mods disabled it because it's not true or something?

No, it's because the thread already exists in the minor league forum.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 05:18 PM)
http://twitter.com/MDGonzales/status/51784155427639297

When Marquez was getting torched, I was thinking about this. Might as well see how long they can go without 7 in the pen.

Marquez is just a run-of-the-mill arm. If they have to risk losing him by putting him through waivers, so be it.

When is the last time Ozzie took 11 pitchers to start the season?

Not gonna happen, IMHO.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 02:33 AM)
When is the last time Ozzie took 11 pitchers to start the season?

Not gonna happen, IMHO.

I don't think it would be a season-long thing, but just to start the season, they could get away with it. But they would need to push Humber's first start back to April 9th. He would be the 7th pitcher in the bullpen in Cleveland.

Buehrle 4-1, 4-6, 4-11, 4-16, 4-21, 4-26

Jackson 4-2, 4-7, 4-12, 4-17, 4-22, 4-27

Danks 4-3, 4-8, 4-13, 4-18, 4-23, 4-28

Floyd 4-5, 4-10, 4-15, 4-20, 4-25, 4-30

Humber 4-9, 4-19

Hopefully Peavy comes back on the 24th, and then also starts on the 29th.

Edited by flavum

Looks like it'll be 11 pitchers and both Lillibridge and Milledge making the team. Oh yeah, and Jeff Marquez may be going away for good so that's a plus.

@MDGonzales Mark Gonzales

Marquez's locker empty,also not at pre-game workout. All signs point to waivers, looks like 11-man staff, lillibridge and Milledge on team

2 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

http://twitter.com/#!/MDGonzales/statu...069562719539200

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 01:13 PM)
Looks like it'll be 11 pitchers and both Lillibridge and Milledge making the team. Oh yeah, and Jeff Marquez may be going away for good so that's a plus.

http://twitter.com/#!/MDGonzales/statu...069562719539200

Not a surprise at all. It amazes me exactly how hittable that guy is. Usually young guys get into trouble when they can't find the strike zone, not when they do. Marquez couldn't fool a 3 month old at peek-a-boo.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 27, 2011 -> 02:34 PM)
Looks like that's KW admitting he missed on the Marquez "upside" when he acquired him. And yikes on that Swisher trade, even though he needed to go.

Yeah we sold low on Swisher. Win some, lose some. Marquez hasn't panned out for us.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Mar 26, 2011 -> 06:47 PM)
Why you heading out to Jeff City? CoMo is just 20 minutes away. See some Mizzou Tiger athletics!

I just got a job working on an election so I'll be working out of Jefferson City with a lot of travel to St. Louis as well. In addition to the April series, I see we have a weekend series in KC in September so I'll definitely be heading out that way again.

Humber is scheduled to face KC tomorrow. With this, I think that means they'll push his first start back to April 9. If they were intending on him starting the 5th game in KC, I doubt they would let him face the Royals tomorrow. They would probably have him pitch a AAA game.