Jackson & Teahen to TOR for Frasor & Stewart (RHP)

macsandz

read over on the Blue Jays forum that if the deal is true that they would like to see Edwin + Eric Thames or Edwin + reliever flipped over for Rasmus, that would be really dumb to see KW just give Edwin to see him dealt immediately for the guy he wanted. Blue Jays have been noted to have interested in Rasmus as well.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:50 AM)
read over on the Blue Jays forum that if the deal is true that they would like to see Edwin + Eric Thames or Edwin + reliever flipped over for Rasmus, that would be really dumb to see KW just give Edwin to see him dealt immediately for the guy he wanted. Blue Jays have been noted to have interested in Rasmus as well.

Kenny needs to be immediately fired if a AA spins Edwin into Rasmus and we get a short term reliever + nothing.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 12:50 AM)

Can you link the forum? I've been looking for a Toronto forum and couldn't find anything.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 06:54 AM)
Kenny needs to be immediately fired if a AA spins Edwin into Rasmus and we get a short term reliever + nothing.

If they're able to trade Edwin and one of their Type B relievers for Rasmus, KW should be run out of town so fast. Can't tell me that giving them Thornton instead of those Type B guys with some salary relief wouldn't be a better deal by the Sox (especially since the Cards are dying to have a lefty reliever).

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp...0.1&maxT=15

k0na breaking the PV deal with several other Sox posters dismissing it. I am now starting to really fear this deal is pretty much in the books. The guy already has reported 2 trades b4 they were formally announce so I am going with k0na said. I am just hoping its a good prospect which Toronto has plenty of or else I am sure not only me but this whole board and entire fanbase would be after KW head.

Edited by kapzk

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 01:02 AM)
http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp...0.1&maxT=15

k0na breaking the PV deal with several other Sox posters dismissing it. I am now starting to really fear this deal is pretty much in the books. The guy already has reported 2 trades b4 they were formally announce so I am going with k0na said. I am just hoping its a good prospect which Toronto has plenty of or else I am sure not only me but this whole board and entire fanbase would be after KW head.

The only way we get a good prospect back is if we sent money over. This is not the sox mo. Kenny is swinging for the fences this year while shedding money. He has little to no need for prospects as they are only chits to be used in future trades, so this is entirely within the course of reason.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 11:52 PM)
So we'd be saving a little over a million for next year's payroll with this deal? Barf

I'd much rather have 1M$ + Frasor + minor leaguer than -1M$ + Teahen + draft pick

I'd trust bucket-of-suck. In fact.. he's broken a trade before here I believe (though I might be thinking of another poster with a low post count). Guys like docsox, Rock, bucket, spataro, etc.. are very good inside sources here.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 10:35 PM)
I don't understand why the Blue Jays would want Jackson unless they are flipping him to a different team.

Maybe they can get Adam Dunn.

Wow, Daniel Hudson to salary dump usage. This trade blows. Someone go ahead and tell me about the "value of pitching in this market" again. Jesus f***ing Christ.

This feels like tossing in JP Dumont to dump Doug Gilmour.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 01:15 AM)
Makes me wonder are we actually the 3rd team thats facilitating a deal between Toronto and StL where Rasmus ends up as BlueJay. What a fail.

I swear to God if Jackson ends up in St. Louis and Rasmus doesn't end up in Chicago I'm going to be done for a bit.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 05:24 AM)
I swear to God if Jackson ends up in St. Louis and Rasmus doesn't end up in Chicago I'm going to be done for a bit.

I will renounce my faith in Kenny, which is generally pretty strong.

For all the bashing, if this trade does go through, it actually solidifies the sox bullpen for 2011 and 2012. And probably makes them stronger for both years. The sox should pick up Frasor's option for $3.75 mill. And with a rock solid arm like Frasor, a guy who's been better than Jesse Crain in recent years, who can get both lefties and righties out, moving Sale to the rotation next year makes sense. It would make the sox weak in SP for this year, with the 6 man gone. Yet everyone expected JAckson to be moved. It was time to get something for him. It actually makes the Hudson trade less awful. It would mean 1 1/2 yrs of Jackson [which he did better than expected], 1 1/2 yrs of Frasor [a solid bet to do well], one less year of Teahen, and then a possible pick as Type B after 2012 for Hudson. It's still a bad trade in hindsight. Yet it's probably less awful if this does go through.

The sox hitting needs to pick up anyway for them to make any moves for the playoffs this year. As far as TOR is concerned, the Cards prob. want someone in the Jays system for Rasmus + Jackson. Not much the Sox can do about what STL wants, except get a better farm system. STL prob. wants too much for Rasmus after JAckson + for the sox to bite.

Could the Sox get more for Jackson? Probably as far as prospects are concerned. But a deal that helps the sox this year and next? Doubtful. They've had feelers out for a while now to gauge the market. It's not just Kenny calling the shots, seeing what the market is.

If this deal is true than i REALLY hate that Hudson deal. :stick

Kenny really dropped the ball on that deal. I'm a huge KW supporter but he really needs to start being more patient with our young pitching prospects. That Swisher for Gio Gonzalez deal still hurts me. Can you imagine a young starting rotation of Floyd, Danks, Gonzalez, Hudson, and Sale going into the future?

I'm somewhat surprised that so many people think "but Jackson is worth so much!" is a reason why this can't be true.

Guess it kinda reminds me of the people who were mad that we didn't get more for Vasquez, as though teams really wanted him