Carlos Gonzalez

GGajewski18

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dick is right.

I know this was discussed a month or two ago but CarGo comes with injury history concerns, questionable splits away from Coors Field and a huge salary.

16M in 2015

17M in 2016

20M in 2017

Anyone willing to take on that salary needs their head examined and subjected to random drug testing, or at least share with the rest of us.

If the price is reasonable I'm all for it, he fits everything that Hahn has been speaking of lately. Bad Contract, Young(er), Left handed, Power. With the QO cuddyer would be foolish not to accept so that just gives them even more of a log jam in the outfield.

Micah, Erik, Thompson & Beck for CarGO his whole contract(54M) & Rex Brothers

QUOTE (beautox @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 06:39 PM)
If the price is reasonable I'm all for it, he fits everything that Hahn has been speaking of lately. Bad Contract, Young(er), Left handed, Power. With the QO cuddyer would be foolish not to accept so that just gives them even more of a log jam in the outfield.

Thats a bad deal

Problem with CarGo is that the Rox are not going to be able to move him. If they trade one of their stars for a package like beau proposed, it looks really bad for them. That is basically scraps.

But no team is going to flush 53 million on a guy like CarGo AND give up premium talent without a guarantee he returns to form next year.

Basically, its a stalemate. He won't be moved this offseason, i'd "put my house on it".

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 5, 2014 -> 06:31 PM)
Dick is right.

I know this was discussed a month or two ago but CarGo comes with injury history concerns, questionable splits away from Coors Field and a huge salary.

16M in 2015

17M in 2016

20M in 2017

Anyone willing to take on that salary needs their head examined and subjected to random drug testing, or at least share with the rest of us.

I'll take on the salary. Erik Johnson for Cargo. Boom.

QUOTE (beautox @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 12:39 AM)

only if they sweeten the deal with a prospect and ask for E. Johnson in rtn.

on a side note. does anyone else think this might have been a result of

Cuddyer accepting the QO ???? like the domino effect,

QUOTE (hi8is @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 12:26 AM)
I want nothing of his arrogance on our team. If he proves to be another AJ type case where only the opposition dislikes him due to his fire then so be it. The gamble is too great for me to endorse.

You're maybe thinking Carlos Gomez?

When Cargo signed that huge contract, he was coming off a really good year and he was still young. A five tool guy if there ever was one. His agent was Scott Boras, but Cargo pretty much negotiated that contract on his own. 'Negotiate' might be an exaggeration, because I think it was simply offered to him by the Rockies (GM was Dan O'Dowd), and Cargo took it. Boros argued against it, wanting to take him to free agency. It came on the heels of the Tulo signing, IIRC. The rest is history.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 07:03 AM)
When Cargo signed that huge contract, he was coming off a really good year and he was still young. A five tool guy if there ever was one. His agent was Scott Boras, but Cargo pretty much negotiated that contract on his own. 'Negotiate' might be an exaggeration, because I think it was simply offered to him by the Rockies (GM was Dan O'Dowd), and Cargo took it. Boros argued against it, wanting to take him to free agency. It came on the heels of the Tulo signing, IIRC. The rest is history.

The only history that matters is his injury history, which shows that Cargo probably cant carry his own jock without breaking his wrist

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 08:01 AM)
The only history that matters is his injury history, which shows that Cargo probably cant carry his own jock without breaking his wrist

:lol: Good one!

With CarGo's money, he probably hired a jock manager to handle a of CarGo's jock affairs.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 6, 2014 -> 08:26 AM)
:lol: Good one!

With CarGo's money, he probably hired a jock manager to handle a of CarGo's jock affairs.

Well yea, his name is Scott Boras. He has a spreadsheet of the jocks achievements and accomplishments, complete with bar graphs and pie charts, as well as all of the related sabermetric stats.