Byung-ho Park bidding rights won by Twins, $12.85 m

southsider2k5

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 10:07 PM)
Down to 8.. This is fun lol

I would think if we weren't at least in the race somebody would have said something. It seems odd though

Looking at the remaining teams mlb trade rumors have listed i find it hard to believe its not between the Sox or Twins.

Phillies - In a complete rebuild and Park is 29, it doesn't match up with their efforts at all, and no DH.

Brewers - Similar situation to the phillies and have Lind, again no DH.

Reds - Votto and should be looking to rebuild and trade off assets soon.

Pirates - Makes sense on some levels and more inclined due to the success of Jung-Ho but they have a great looking switch hitting prospect at AAA named Josh Bell who could start the year at first for them.

Cubs - Rizzo.

White Sox - Makes a lot of sense, could rotate with Abreu at DH, remove LaRoche from the equation entirely keep the draft pick from the QO and still afford the club alot of roster and payroll flexibility going forward, peak matches up with the rest of the core.

Twins - Mauer isn't going anywhere, they have no reason to move Plouffe even with the emergence of Sano, and Sano can DH and rotate around the diamond, in addition to Sano still needing work on his defense. I can see them bidding if they plan on moving Plouffe and putting Sano at 3B but that doesn't seem very twins like to make a move just for the sake of making a move.

Astros - at first base alone they have a glut of talent that they need to give playing time to sort out(Carter & J. Singleton) in addition to a great looking prospect in AJ Reed and solid DH options in whoever they decide not to go with at 1B and Evan Gattis. In addition to that Jed Lowrie could move across the diamond or strictly to DH with Moran coming on strong. Its not out of the question that by June both Reed and Moran are the Astros every day corner infielders.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 10:39 PM)
With Josh Bell almost ready in Pittsburgh, I'll guess that it's Colorado for Park.

Good point on Bell, signing Park would force Pittsburgh to move Josh or one of their young OFs. Seems like an unnecessary risk to take for a team with limited financial resources.

QUOTE (beautox @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 11:00 PM)
Looking at the remaining teams mlb trade rumors have listed i find it hard to believe its not between the Sox or Twins.

Phillies - In a complete rebuild and Park is 29, it doesn't match up with their efforts at all, and no DH.

Brewers - Similar situation to the phillies and have Lind, again no DH.

Reds - Votto and should be looking to rebuild and trade off assets soon.

Pirates - Makes sense on some levels and more inclined due to the success of Jung-Ho but they have a great looking switch hitting prospect at AAA named Josh Bell who could start the year at first for them.

Cubs - Rizzo.

White Sox - Makes a lot of sense, could rotate with Abreu at DH, remove LaRoche from the equation entirely keep the draft pick from the QO and still afford the club alot of roster and payroll flexibility going forward, peak matches up with the rest of the core.

Twins - Mauer isn't going anywhere, they have no reason to move Plouffe even with the emergence of Sano, and Sano can DH and rotate around the diamond, in addition to Sano still needing work on his defense. I can see them bidding if they plan on moving Plouffe and putting Sano at 3B but that doesn't seem very twins like to make a move just for the sake of making a move.

Astros - at first base alone they have a glut of talent that they need to give playing time to sort out(Carter & J. Singleton) in addition to a great looking prospect in AJ Reed and solid DH options in whoever they decide not to go with at 1B and Evan Gattis. In addition to that Jed Lowrie could move across the diamond or strictly to DH with Moran coming on strong. Its not out of the question that by June both Reed and Moran are the Astros every day corner infielders.

Nice summary. The one thing that makes me think the Sox are a potential fit is our complete lack of power hitters in the upper minors. We basically have a huge question mark in Hawkins and pretty much nothing else of significance. Therefore, we'll need to add some power from outside the organization. If Park can be a legit threat at DH, that gives us a bit more flexibility to go defense-oriented at other spots.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 09:44 PM)
Can't believe we haven't been ruled out yet...

While it may make sense to some I don't see it. Would make more sense if the Sox dumped LaRoche . They get Park then LaRoche is the lamest of lame ducks and might as well be dumped without trying to get anything for him (partial salary).

They missed the boat on Kang who is the one they needed. Now would get a guy at a position they really don't need help at ? Would be so Sox if they did that and this guy bombed.

I don't see them spending the money .

At least with Abreu they had WBC results of how he did against stronger competition.

Do we have anything of that nature now with Park ?