Todd Frazier Available

GGajewski18

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frazier is a fan favorite with two years of control left and a cheap salary. The Reds will be sellers at the trade deadline in '16 so they can always maximize Frazier's value at that time. It's a risk if Frazier tanks or gets injured but by no means are the Reds desperate to trade him. The Reds are in the driver's seat in a trade for Frazier.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 08:57 PM)
I like this for two reasons:

1) It shows that another team thinks really highly of Anderson

2) We can stand our ground and believe in Anderson

I don't like it for one reason.

I have more confidence in Todd Frazier having 2 years better than the 6 years from Anderson combined.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 03:06 AM)
What would it take to get Frazier if we're not including Anderson? Get it done.

Not sure. They are rumored to want position players. The problem is the Sox just don't have much in the system to deal. Sox have a few guys at the top that are too much to deal for a guy like Frazier. I think the 15-30 range players in Sox system are similar to most teams. The problem is the back half of the top 10. Most teams trade from that inventory and the Sox just don't have those guys yet. Unless Cincy took something headlined by Avi, Micah, Montas, a trade probably can't happen.

Edited by Y2JImmy0

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 09:14 AM)
Not sure. They are rumored to want position players. The problem is the Sox just don't have much in the system to deal. Sox have a few guys at the top that are too much to deal for a guy like Frazier. I think the 15-30 range players in Sox system are similar to most teams. The problem is the back half of the top 10. Most teams trade from that inventory and the Sox just don't have those guys yet. Unless Cincy took something headlined by Avi, Micah, Montas, a trade probably can't happen.

They'd have to include Trey M. as well.

I've said it before, but I'm 100% behind a Frazier trade IF we can get him without giving up Anderson or Fulmer. That might be tough, but I still think we can put together an attractive package. Two arms (Montas, Adams, Johnson), Micah, and an OF prospect (May, Engel, Hawkins) or Avi might do it. I'm sure many would consider that an overpay, but you'd get one of the best 3B in baseball for two years at a below market rate (plus a comp pick when/if he leaves) while holding onto our two elite prospects. To me it's a no-brained if you can go out and also add one of the impact OFs.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 08:16 AM)
I've said it before, but I'm 100% behind a Frazier trade IF we can get him without giving up Anderson or Fulmer. That might be tough, but I still think we can put together an attractive package. Two arms (Montas, Adams, Johnson), Micah, and an OF prospect (May, Engel, Hawkins) or Avi might do it. I'm sure many would consider that an overpay, but you'd get one of the best 3B in baseball for two years at a below market rate (plus a comp pick when/if he leaves) while holding onto our two elite prospects. To me it's a no-brained if you can go out and also add one of the impact OFs.

Ahhhh gotta give to get. Just hope he wasn't a flash in the pan.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 01:20 PM)
Todd Frazier certainly fits the mold of guys the Sox go after and then completely falls apart. The low contact guys just crush us.

I can't help but feel the same way. I don't think I have a good reason, but Frazier just seems like a guy who is really useful because he's good at a ton of things, but he's just BARELY good at them individually, so he just feels like a tiny slip in a skill or two would be make a huge difference.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 08:24 AM)
I can't help but feel the same way. I don't think I have a good reason, but Frazier just seems like a guy who is really useful because he's good at a ton of things, but he's just BARELY good at them individually, so he just feels like a tiny slip in a skill or two would be make a huge difference.

Yes, well said. Dude was gordon beckham 2nd half last year. Kinda dove off the 2nd half 2014 too. Sucks that we are going to trade some good prospects for another guy who Ks a ton. But I see the value too, he can be our homie.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 08:30 AM)
Yes, well said. Dude was gordon beckham 2nd half last year. Kinda dove off the 2nd half 2014 too. Sucks that we are going to trade some good prospects for another guy who Ks a ton. But I see the value too, he can be our homie.

It's sort of like a "swing and a miss" or a "swing and a home run" type of trade. Much like Frazier when he hits.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 08:29 AM)
IMO, if the Sox do trade for him either Micah or Lawrie are going to Cincinatti.

I really dont believe this to be the case. Micah or Sanchez for sure, but i dont think they are gonna trade 2 prospects for Lawrie and then package him with other prospects for Frazier