Adam LaRoche injured

fathom

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 6, 2016 -> 01:37 AM)
But, but, he cross trained over the winter! This simply cannot be. :P

I am old and learned a long time ago that as a competitive golfer a great general exercise program was not the same as sport specific training. I bet baseball may be similar. Great to be in shape but baseball shape may be different.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Mar 6, 2016 -> 01:24 AM)
When you are hurting, baseball can't be that much fun. Wonder if he'll retire or if the $$$ is too much to turn away from.

I'd guess most of us would prefer he retired but would any of us walk away from 13M? I know I wouldn't.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 01:39 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 14m14 minutes ago

Adam LaRoche is surprised how much better he feels after two days. Initially thought it would be few weeks. Got light workout in today.

Everything feels better down in that Arizona sun and heat. Just wait until his 36 year old body gets back to the 40s in Chicago.

Seriously though, let's hope the weather is decent for April I don't want any excuses for a slow start.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Mar 13, 2016 -> 11:40 PM)
With Morneau still looking for a suitor should the White Sox be considering his services in case LaRoche doesn't get healthy?

If we were the only team on Earth willing to sign him, he probably still wouldn't come here

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Mar 13, 2016 -> 10:40 PM)
With Morneau still looking for a suitor should the White Sox be considering his services in case LaRoche doesn't get healthy?

No. I bet the front office would be fine using Jackson, Eaton, Cabrera and Garcia between outfield and DH. And with no days off the first week of the season, I bet they'd break camp with an 8th reliever if someone needed to start the year on the dl making a move for a bench bat when needed.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 14, 2016 -> 01:27 PM)
No. I bet the front office would be fine using Jackson, Eaton, Cabrera and Garcia between outfield and DH. And with no days off the first week of the season, I bet they'd break camp with an 8th reliever if someone needed to start the year on the dl making a move for a bench bat when needed.

i think laroche will be better than morneau. but the other reason will be $$$$ the management will not pony up for anymore expensive players, not with danks, and laroche on the payroll.