Odds that Chris Sale gets traded?

LeftField

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interested to know what is more likely, Sale gets traded or KW leaves either by force or by choice.

I honestly am not sure. Probably KW leaving. Would have less adverse affect on the fanbase and less impact on future Free Agents deciding not to play here.

Edited by Chilihead90

For me it's too early to place odds. If enough players make a big enough stink to oust KW then Sale isn't going anywhere. If KW sticks around and the issue between him and Sale continues, the odds of Sale getting traded at some point do go up. How much, I'm sure I have no idea.

QUOTE (LeftField @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 11:15 PM)
Any chance that his outburst leads to a trade? Very rarely does a player openly call out someone in management like that.

there are 3 scenario's at play.

1. JR has the mtg and sale still does not relent

2. sale will get traded after the season.

3. the team is really out of the chase and some team will pay a king's ransom at the trading deadline.

you should have another for eaton being traded.

yes. as soon as they can find a suitor who will pay the cost.

QUOTE (Real @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:44 PM)
and about half of the remaining 500 fans.

there couldn't be a more idiotic decision made.

Well, while I think the idea of trading Sale now over this stupid s*** is ridiculous, if he actively defies Reinsdorf they may not have a choice. Reinsdorf is the most loyal owner in all pro sports, I trust him to handle this in the proper manner, in the crazy, hypothetical scenario where Sale MF's him, there's really no coming back from that. Sale is a f***ing incredible talent that makes White Sox baseball palatable even when the team is s*** but he's not bigger than ownership.

QUOTE (Real @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 08:44 PM)
and about half of the remaining 500 fans.

there couldn't be a more idiotic decision made.

That's one way to look at it, thanks for your opinion.

Another is it would be far more idiotic to keep a toxic player around in order to keep a 500 count fanbase happy then to trade the malcontent and receive a ransom in players/prospects to move forward with.

I don't want Sale traded, but if he isn't on board and ultimately continues acting out, it would be idiotic to keep him around.

best case scenario: KW gets fired or leaves team actually performs and makes the post season.

middle of the road: KW gets fired, team sucks total rebuild after the season sox are competitive in '18 from all the blue chips Sale, Q & Abreu bring in, + whatever they get for their 5th best bullpen and Frazier. Future core is Rodon, Fulmer and Anderson + all the blue chips.

worst case scenario: KW stays, team sucks and sale is traded.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 07:54 PM)

Well, while I think the idea of trading Sale now over this stupid s*** is ridiculous, if he actively defies Reinsdorf they may not have a choice. Reinsdorf is the most loyal owner in all pro sports, I trust him to handle this in the proper manner, in the crazy, hypothetical scenario where Sale MF's him, there's really no coming back from that. Sale is a f***ing incredible talent that makes White Sox baseball palatable even when the team is s*** but he's not bigger than ownership.

That doesn't make what I said any less true. The Sox are lucky to be where they are in attendance, it would take a hit in more ways than just attendance if they dealt Sale because he ran his mouth to JR.

I think sale's beef is with kenny only. Not JR or Hahn or Ventura. I bet jerry reaches a happy medium with sale. Kenny needs to go. Why not just play out the season and let LaRoche go. Or if he sucked just release him. After it seemed chemestry was good this comes out. Why couldnt kenny just shutup about it for the better.... No because kenny wants attention. Thats why